Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onlinedegree.com Courses
(02-13-2019, 07:09 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:57 PM)davewill Wrote: We won't know until either TESU and OnlineDegree get together a publish an equivalency list, or someone from here actually transfers those courses to TESU (and other schools) and reports back. They're so new that we just don't have the info. It's likely a lot of their courses will cover various GenEds, but nobody can be sure right now.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the equivalency list is posted here https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...apping.pdf

I hadn't seen that. I'd be cautious with it since it doesn't have anything in it to suggest it's official. It doesn't even seem to be linked directly from the main part of the website.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-13-2019, 07:19 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:57 PM)davewill Wrote: We won't know until either TESU and OnlineDegree get together a publish an equivalency list, or someone from here actually transfers those courses to TESU (and other schools) and reports back. They're so new that we just don't have the info. It's likely a lot of their courses will cover various GenEds, but nobody can be sure right now.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the equivalency list is posted here https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...apping.pdf

I hadn't seen that. I'd be cautious with it since it doesn't have anything in it to suggest it's official. It doesn't even seem to be linked directly from the main part of the website.
It’s linked from here https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/. Scroll down to the TESU section and click on “course mapping here.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Murdockb's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints

That's not an official list and has at least one inaccuracy (the Astronomy course actually transfers as AST-101, not NAS-121).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-13-2019, 07:22 PM)Murdockb Wrote: It’s linked from here https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/. Scroll down to the TESU section and click on “course mapping here.”

They hid that well. I LOOKED on that page and missed it.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

Right. That’s the one I’m talking about. Their version of Tesu course numbers don’t match any of the current catalog general courses. The people at Tesu told me that they couldn’t confirm whether they would count those courses for anything. Likely why the spreadsheet mentions something like “any of these courses could possibly be used as a general elective”.
(02-14-2019, 03:49 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Right. That’s the one I’m talking about. Their version of Tesu course numbers don’t match any of the current catalog general courses. ...

That's actually fairly normal for transfer courses, especially from alternate credit providers who are partners. TESU creates new course numbers that they don't actually offer themselves. In other cases, they will use the "Special Topics x99" approach.

(02-14-2019, 03:49 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Right. That’s the one I’m talking about. Their version of Tesu course numbers don’t match any of the current catalog general courses. The people at Tesu told me that they couldn’t confirm whether they would count those courses for anything. Likely why the spreadsheet mentions something like “any of these courses could possibly be used as a general elective”.

Completely normal - other schools have this too.  They don't offer EVERY course in the world, so they give different course numbers to different courses as they are evaluated.  For instance, when I got my eval done back in 2014, they gave my SJSU Human Sexuality course #BIO-201.  They don't offer that, and it's not in their catalog.  But, if you check with anyone who brought in a Human Sexuality course, you will see that they ALL have BIO-201 no matter what school it came from.  Once a course comes in, and they assign a number to it, they can then say that every course that comes in with the same info will get that same course number.  It makes evaluation easier as you go, because you just keep adding to the database.  So the next person that brings in a course that's been evaluated and granted a course number, they can search the database and see if the course is already there, and then they don't have to evaluate that course.  Quick and easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the explanations. Makes sense now.

On another note: it says on the above link from ODC that you can pay to get your transcripts on Excelsior letterhead. Does that mean that other colleges (who don’t accept NCCRS) might count the classes as transfers? I was looking at UF Online’s transfer policy and they may take 45 test-out credits (but not ACE or NCCRS, just Clep and AP etc), but it also says they will take 60 college transfer credits. In my head, I’m thinking “sweet, could do 45 credits with Clep and 60 more through Teceps and ODC’s Excelsior agreement”... could I be correct?

Here’s the verbiage on ODC for quick reference:

In addition to our free transcript option, we do recommend that you pay a one-time fee of $40 with our partner Excelsior College so they will produce your transcript on their official letterhead. Through our partnership with them and the NCCRS, this is a great option since many universities you’re applying to may insist the transcript comes from another university.“
(02-15-2019, 11:56 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Thanks for the explanations. Makes sense now.

On another note: it says on the above link from ODC that you can pay to get your transcripts on Excelsior letterhead. Does that mean that other colleges (who don’t accept NCCRS) might count the classes as transfers? I was looking at UF Online’s transfer policy and they may take 45 test-out credits (but not ACE or NCCRS, just Clep and AP etc), but it also says they will take 60 college transfer credits. In my head, I’m thinking “sweet, could do 45 credits with Clep and 60 more through Teceps and ODC’s Excelsior agreement”... could I be correct?

In addition to our free transcript option, we do recommend that you pay a one-time fee of $40 with our partner Excelsior College so they will produce your transcript on their official letterhead. Through our partnership with them and the NCCRS, this is a great option since many universities you’re applying to may insist the transcript comes from another university.“

I would ask UF directly if that would work for transfer.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-15-2019, 11:56 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Thanks for the explanations. Makes sense now.

If it's a credit bank transcript, then it likely won't work. The transcript will make it clear that those aren't Excelsior credits.

Good ways to get alternative RA credits are TECEPS and Uexcels. CSU Global SSAs might work; the problem is that they aren't listed as resident credits. Westcott claims that their courses are transcribed as Brandman University credits. 

Study.com tried to pull that Excelsior transcript stuff, and it didn't work.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat