Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up?
A single three-credit course earned at onlinedegree (Public Health), transcript was requested to be sent to TESU about a month ago.  Onlinedegree's transcript request page tries to hard-sell you to pay their "small fee" of $40 to have your course transcripted at Excelsior, and if you say no, it says something about they'll process your request even though they don't recommend avoiding their far super Excelsior transcripting process.

No sign of the transcript so far at TESU.

How long should it take them to send it, and is it necessary to actually pay their $40 fee to get the transcript sent? I checked NCCRS' site and they have an email address you can contact if an NCCRS course supplier isn't forthcoming with transcripts, but figured it made sense to ask what experience others have had.

Gotta say, I don't honestly see why *anyone* would use onlinedegree.com, free or not.

Well... after I posted this, we checked again, and there's a new listing in TESU's "transcripts received" that says "Assessment Credit" which is probably the Online Degree course, since there's no other credit pending receipt. I guess they were just a little slow. In this case, I guess you get what you pay for. Big Grin
<insert grin here> yeah, NCCRS providers are slow, not just Onlinedegree.com but Coopersmith, Davar, etc will be as well, as some of them go by snail mail (gasp).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Glad it worked out.

It's frustrating that they're pushing the Excelsior transcript, since essentially no school will accept that in lieu of the original transcript directly from OD
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
also glad it workout out. Never dealt with onlinedegree for courses. So frustrated it took several years to get the culinary course working that I forgot they existed except as a small footnote out there. Makes me more glad when I had Coopersmith courses (NCCRS), the transcript was sent electronically and uploaded quickly at TESU, (and same with the NCCRS course at SDC with quickness) and when there was a weird glitch on a second Coopersmith course, S. Haas helped me very quickly. But that's not really the original topic. Just wanted to give thanks going into November.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Just an FYI, it is not always up to the course provider as to how the transcript gets sent - many times, the school has specific requirements and will not bend, and so even though a course provider would be more than happy to send the transcript electronically, the school is the one being difficult in requiring snail mail.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
No, you don't have to pay their $40 fee.  I'm not sure of the exact time, but it was under a month for me. I had 3 courses transferred in.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-31-2021, 12:05 PM)jsd Wrote: Glad it worked out.

It's frustrating that they're pushing the Excelsior transcript, since essentially no school will accept that in lieu of the original transcript directly from OD

The interesting thing is, their claim is the exact opposite, that being transcripted by a legitimate college, the credit is more likely to transfer.  Seems like a disingenuous money grab to me.

Though, in their defense, I have a very hard time imagining that their business model (getting participating schools to pay referral fees for the chance to pitch a student on signing up for their particular program) is likely to have enough yield to do much more than maybe pay the server bill.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,264 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Will Sophia automatically send transcripts to Excelsior? browniebo 2 716 08-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: browniebo
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,467 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending GizmoJack 437 58,668 04-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 892 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 928 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,249 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Dropping a course and final transcripts Lossforwords 2 746 04-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 975 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts