Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peterson's test?
does anyone know how i can access the peterson's test for human growth and development? The links that were posted on this forum do not work, please help! thank you
I know they were having issues earlier this week, but it seems to have fixed itself. I just attempted the link found here:

INSPIRE Information

and it worked fine. If you can't find them, you can follow the instructions here:

Free Practice Clep Tests!
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Thank you, but its still not working. is there a specific browser you're using? I'm using internet explorer.

or is there a way I can purchase it from barnes and noble? I tried looking online but I can't seem to find the tests being sold anywhere
I use Google Chrome personally, but I've used it with IE as well. Do you have a Java plug-in installed? I think it uses that once you actually log in.

What error is it giving you when you try?
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
student12345 Wrote:Thank you, but its still not working. is there a specific browser you're using? I'm using internet explorer.

or is there a way I can purchase it from barnes and noble? I tried looking online but I can't seem to find the tests being sold anywhere

It looks like you can purchase access here:

Practice Tests for the CLEP Human Growth and Development Exam - Peterson's

or for free here Gale Group Resource Center a listing of all the available online practice clep test will be in the middle section of the page.

One final thought, check the local library website ( one where you have a card at) as most have links* to clep study material, but you need your card information to log-in .
* It maybe in a section marked online databases.
I'd really like you to get the free option working before you go and pay money for the same access. The only difference between the pay-for and free options is your wallet. You're still going to run into that Java roadblock if that's the problem. That's just how they deliver the practice exams.

Try the free link that Peace gave you above. If that works then it may be something specific to the Inspire link. Let us know either way please.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
I'm sure the other link didnt work because of cookies access.

1. You have to go in fresh. If the link I included does not work, Copy and paste this link into your search bar. <http://www.in.gov/library/inspire/info.html>

INSPIRE Information

2. Look on the left side of the page and scroll down to the final icon titled "Testing & Education Reference Center" it has a little mouse.

Click on that icon. It will take you to the Petersons website.
You should see the following in your url box <http://www.petersons.com/terc/>

Now you can either use the menu link for college click on DSST or CLEP prep - or the college box in the middle of the page has both DSST & CLEP prep. Go through the DSST prep.

3. You will need to register for access. Military access if free. If you should receive a page that asks for military distinction you could select the national guard , select civilian and join for free even if it is your cousin who works on the base.

Once you've set up your account a cookie will be saved to your computer so you will have access to the website without this problem in the future. If you are using a public computer (library, friends house) use the link I provided above.

Hope this helps.

student12345 Wrote:Thank you, but its still not working. is there a specific browser you're using? I'm using internet explorer.

That site looks promising SmileD
Hi All!

first off, thank you for all of your concern, really nice of you guys.

second, i tried every option listed on this thread but none of them work. My page keeps popping up with this message:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

It's crazy!

However! I will try going to my school or local library to access the links from there. I am hoping that it will work there!

i will let you guys know. (i should be able to go on wednesday)

Thanks guys!!!
student12345 Wrote:"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
Use Firefox. With it, you can download an add-on called AdBlock Plus that effectively blocks 98% of advertisements. There are numerous other benefits (such as improves security), and one of them may be better reliability with the library testing site.

Enough of me be an advertisement myself!

Hope you get the site to work,
R.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 198 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,630 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 955 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 869 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 793 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 490 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,503 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  A college like WGU where I can test out of a degree Fast!! Please help!! Forest.green1 14 4,670 01-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,521 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916