Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions about TESU
Hi,
My name is Zach. I am a student at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. I have been taking a lot of CLEP and DSST exams in an attempt to save some time and money. Come to find out today, that my college accepts a ton of credits from TESU. What I'm thinking is i might be able to take some CLEP and DSST exams that my school would otherwise not offer credit for, and get the credit for them at TESU and transfer them as TESU credits. I am not interested in taking any classes at TESU, because of the whopping 2000 dollar residency waiver I have been reading about (otherwise i would love to). So my question for the experienced and the pro's is: How does this plan look? Possible? Costs (transfer transcript fee or transfer credit evaluation fees)? Anything i need to know or haven't thought of?

Thank you in advance.
-Zach
I forgot to add that TECEP Exams interest me so I'd be willing to take one or more of those if it would benefit me (as long as i'd be able to send a transfer transcript to university of alaska fairbanks).
You will need to check with your school.

Taking credits from a 3rd party (CLEP/DSST), transferring them to TESU, and then attempting to transfer them to your school as TESU credits is known as credit laundering and most schools will not accept them that way. They may want the credits from the original source. Do you know your school doesn't accept the exams for credit? My local CC doesn't include the DSST Cybersecurity exam on their list of accepted DSST. I asked and found out that they do, but the list hasn't been updated yet.

Confirm that your school will accept TECEPs as transfer credit. They are pass/fail and some schools will only accept graded credits.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

There's pretty much no chance your school will accept credits laundered that way. It would shock just about all of us if you were successful with that.

However, there is a pretty good chance that your school will accept TECEP exams, as they show up as residency credits taken at TESU, just like a class you would take at TESU would show up. But just like a normal course taken at any other school, it's still up to your university what classes they'd accept for transfer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
My school shows that if they were to receive a transcript from TESU, that they would be able to give x equivalency credit for y TESU credit. If i were to take TECEP exams, would they show up on a TESU transcript? or how would i get the score/credit to my university?
Zachcleigh Wrote:My school shows that if they were to receive a transcript from TESU, that they would be able to give x equivalency credit for y TESU credit. If i were to take TECEP exams, would they show up on a TESU transcript? or how would i get the score/credit to my university?

I don't have an official transcript, but on an unofficial one from OSS, they look like this:

ENG-201 TE100 Technical Writing CR 3.00 2015NOV
MAT-105 TE100 Applied Liberal Arts Mathemati CR 3.00 2015OCT
SOC-210 TE100 Marriage and the Family CR 3.00 2015AUG
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

one more question.. my apologies..
If i were to take a TECEP would i be able to send a transcript with that score to my university? or would i have to apply to TESU and be accepted to be able to send the transcript? Also if i had to apply and be accepted to send a transcript, would I have to pay the residence waiver? or would that only apply if i actually took a class?
Thank you!
Zachcleigh Wrote:one more question.. my apologies..
If i were to take a TECEP would i be able to send a transcript with that score to my university? or would i have to apply to TESU and be accepted to be able to send the transcript? Also if i had to apply and be accepted to send a transcript, would I have to pay the residence waiver? or would that only apply if i actually took a class?
Thank you!

You don't have to be enrolled at TESU to take a TECEP or request a transcript once you get one completed. The only issue is that they won't send your score - they will only send a C/NC (or is it P/F). You can take a screen shot of your score, but TESU won't put it on the transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So is there any "official" way they send TECEP Scores? Or just hope you school trusts a screenshot.
Thank you for your answers. This information in extremely valuable.
Nope, scores are never officially sent. They're considered Pass/Fail only. Just like when you enroll in a Pass/Fail course that many schools offer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore