Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quickest way to get degree
i am Active Duty USAF.
i should have my CCAF complete within the next 2 months or less (thanks to instantcert)
i am trying to find out whats the quickest and even easiest way to attain my degree in technology through Exc. College.

what are the credits i can just test for or what will i have to actually take a class?

this is the degree i want to go for through AU-ABC
http://www.excelsior.edu/c/document_libr...upId=78666
Road to Bachelors of Science in Liberal Arts

Cleps
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (6) - pass
Principles of Management (3) - 53
Humanities (6) - 50
Introduction to Sociology (3) - 52
Information Systems and Computer Applications (3) - 58

DSSTs
Principles of Supervision (3) - 424
Astronomy (3) - 56
Heres To Your Health (U3) - 229
Intro to Computing (3) - 443
Intro to World Religions (U3) - 229
Management Information Systems (3) - 400
Technical Writing (3) - 61
For Ethics, I would ask if DSST Business Ethics counts as it has a very high pass rate.
For Nat Science, Take the CLEP Nat Science and the DSST Environment and Humanity
For Social Science, CLEP American Govt and CLEP Sociology were easy
For Humanities, take CLEP A&I Literature or if you speak Spanish take CLEP Spanish
For Math, take CLEP college mathematics, DSST Stats and maybe Calculus
For Arts and Science electives, look into the various CLEP/DSSTs that fall in that category (biology, phy sci, art of western world, Lit, etc)
I don't know what counts for technology, but there are few ECEs you can take and you can see if Technical Writing DSST counts.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
thank you for that. i will def. look into it
Road to Bachelors of Science in Liberal Arts

Cleps
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (6) - pass
Principles of Management (3) - 53
Humanities (6) - 50
Introduction to Sociology (3) - 52
Information Systems and Computer Applications (3) - 58

DSSTs
Principles of Supervision (3) - 424
Astronomy (3) - 56
Heres To Your Health (U3) - 229
Intro to Computing (3) - 443
Intro to World Religions (U3) - 229
Management Information Systems (3) - 400
Technical Writing (3) - 61
Also give Straighterline a look if you feel that any of these subjects might be too much for you to test out of. It's quick, easy and the courses transfer to all of the Big 3.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Loren Wrote:U . s . Open public University Process is additionally excellent given that they consider this nationwide credit ratings in addition to local credit ratings. Even though My business is not to ever certain exactly how much credit ratings many people let in by means of move. According to the prior remarks above this Huge a few would be the nearly all credit ratings generous colleges but when most of your own credit ratings is usually nationally certified it might definitely not end up being good to a person while they simply agree to local credit ratings.

Is this a bot?? All of Loren's responses are incoherent.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,756 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,349 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Earning a Degree as a Nuclear ET natshar 3 2,034 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree for free jshzglr 26 8,996 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  My Degree Path dposborne 7 2,830 02-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF) OfficerA 6 1,970 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  TESC Management Degree/Aviation Maintenance Degree jeff080 4 1,302 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Last Post: jeff080
  Earning a degree entirely through military training, is it possible? Sidewinder2N 11 2,573 01-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Last Post: bldclot2
  TESC Military Degree Completion Program Change Prloko 2 1,045 10-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Advice on degree plan Joditd 1 932 09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Joditd