Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**seeking Help From All Excelsior Students**
Hi Everyone!

I posted a message here a few weeks ago regarding the recent decision of the VA Board of Nursing's decision to no longer allow Excelsior LPN to Associate degee RN's licensure in the state of VA. This legislation is now spreading. It's most recent victims are the Excelsior nursing grads in GA. In my conversations with the NCSBN (National Council of State Boards of Nursing) it has been sadly brought to my attention that THEY are the ones suggesting that ALL STATES move in this legislative direction.

All of you here understand and value the educational opportunity of distance learning programs. For those of you who don't know much about the Excelsior College assoc. degree RN program, I can tell you that it is a very challenging program geared towards bridging the educational gap between LPN/LVN's/Paramedics and the like to become associate degree RN's. I have been working in close correspondence with the assistant dean of the Excelsior College nursing program and have inadvertently become the organizer of bringing this issue to the national forefront, in an attempt to enlighten the public and work in getting our elected officials to overturn this legislation.

Here's where you come in. As fellow distance learners I am hoping you will start by signing my petition and passing it on to everyone you know. I will be making a public comment at the next VA Board of Nursing meeting in early September, and will present the petition to them then. I will also be sending a copy of the petition to elected officials. For that reason, it is imperative that I obtain as many signatures as I can for maximum impact. If you are willing to do a little MORE, I would ask that you send letters to your local officals voicing your outrage at this new legislation. If this is something you are willing to do, or if you would like more information, please contact me at nhudnall@gmail.com and I will give you more details.

In closing, I am providing links to the petition, as well as a "quick facts" page detailing the success of the Excelsior College nursing program and it's graduates over the last 25+ years. Please find it in your heart to help those of us fighting for our right to further our education just like the rest of you.

Sincerely,

Nikki

Fight for the Rights of Excelsior Nursing Grads

nhudnall - Facts: The Excelsior College Nursing Program
serenity67 Wrote:Hi Everyone!

I posted a message here a few weeks ago regarding the recent decision of the VA Board of Nursing's decision to no longer allow Excelsior LPN to Associate degee RN's licensure in the state of VA. This legislation is now spreading. It's most recent victims are the Excelsior nursing grads in GA. In my conversations with the NCSBN (National Council of State Boards of Nursing) it has been sadly brought to my attention that THEY are the ones suggesting that ALL STATES move in this legislative direction.

All of you here understand and value the educational opportunity of distance learning programs. For those of you who don't know much about the Excelsior College assoc. degree RN program, I can tell you that it is a very challenging program geared towards bridging the educational gap between LPN/LVN's/Paramedics and the like to become associate degree RN's. I have been working in close correspondence with the assistant dean of the Excelsior College nursing program and have inadvertently become the organizer of bringing this issue to the national forefront, in an attempt to enlighten the public and work in getting our elected officials to overturn this legislation.

Here's where you come in. As fellow distance learners I am hoping you will start by signing my petition and passing it on to everyone you know. I will be making a public comment at the next VA Board of Nursing meeting in early September, and will present the petition to them then. I will also be sending a copy of the petition to elected officials. For that reason, it is imperative that I obtain as many signatures as I can for maximum impact. If you are willing to do a little MORE, I would ask that you send letters to your local officals voicing your outrage at this new legislation. If this is something you are willing to do, or if you would like more information, please contact me at nhudnall@gmail.com and I will give you more details.

In closing, I am providing links to the petition, as well as a "quick facts" page detailing the success of the Excelsior College nursing program and it's graduates over the last 25+ years. Please find it in your heart to help those of us fighting for our right to further our education just like the rest of you.

Sincerely,

Nikki

Fight for the Rights of Excelsior Nursing Grads

nhudnall - Facts: The Excelsior College Nursing Program

Do you know it its going to affect current enrolled students of the ADN program? Is it state by state or national.
Currently enrolled at TESC:
A.A.S in Respiratory Care (need english to finish)
MOS 91V US ARMY
A.A.S in computer studies (need english to finish)
MOS 25B US ARMY
6 more S.H. to finish both degrees hilarious

passed CLEP:
spanish 65
information systems and computer app 50
Intro to Psych 57

passed dsst:
intro to computers 53
heres to your health 55
substance abuse 400
management information systems 50
Intro to world religions 457
civlil war & reconstruction 57
Technical writing 53
criminal justice 455

Passed excelsior:
health differences across the lifespan 1 "C"
essentials of nursing: health differences "B"
Pathophysiology "B"
Nursing Fundamentals "C"

failed:
intro to sociology
A&I lit
Freshman comp
Natural Science
Hi Nikki, I know in the grand scheme of things it likely won't mean a hill of beans but Excelsior is regionally accredited, not nationally accredited.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,819 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,157 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,907 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,277 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 955 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,255 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,767 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,214 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,381 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  Quick Question about Excelsior hsfamfun 5 1,849 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: radconjohn