Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking degree planning advice in Cybersecurity Bachelors for High School Student
@rachel83az and @bjcheung77

Thank you for the clarification. It is good to know that Coursera offers a Cybersecurity/Cyber Analyst course as my son is 16. Given that I think WGU, SNHU, UMPI, and other Big 3 schools have pretty liberal transfer policies so he hopefully would get college credit for these courses.
(06-12-2022, 12:04 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @rachel83az and @bjcheung77

Thank you for the clarification. It is good to know that Coursera offers a Cybersecurity/Cyber Analyst course as my son is 16. Given that I think WGU, SNHU, UMPI, and other Big 3 schools have pretty liberal transfer policies so he hopefully would get college credit for these courses.

To be clear, WGU does not have what I could call a liberal transfer policy. They do give credit for many different certifications that other schools don't, but even those are specific. For WGU, definitely reference the "partners" links that I shared previously.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
That's right, you want to reference post #12 if you want to use those particular providers such as Sophia.org/Study.com, if you want to just review what options are available, you can view the National Agreements on their page, there are several providers to choose from: https://partners.wgu.edu/ - Having said that, I also would recommend the options in post #12 as Sophia.org/Study.com are your best bets for the GE and most transferable alternative credits towards the degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 424 47 minutes ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 29 3 hours ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 324 3 hours ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 272 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 205 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 133 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,850 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM