Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some new SHMOOP equivalencies for TESU
I just got my final eval and here are some of the new SHMOOP codes for TESU in case anyone wanted to know:

Intro to Human Sexuality: PSY-232 (was placed in my Social Sciences AOS, along with the UL courses, to complete my AOS)

Intro. to the History of Film: FIL-160 (this went under Human Cultures category)

World Geography: GOG-230
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
[-] The following 2 users Like BingCherry's post:
  • jsd, Muldoon
(09-22-2017, 05:01 PM)BingCherry Wrote: Intro to Human Sexuality: PSY-232 (was placed in my Social Sciences AOS, along with the UL courses, to complete my AOS)

This was my guess. Too bad I don't win anything.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • BingCherry, dfrecore
Thanks for posting those!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • BingCherry
My sister's Academic Evaluation just came back with some of the new Shmoop courses also. Here is her list and how they transferred to TESU:
Classical Literature - LIT-299 Special Topics in Literature
Comparative Government and Politics - POS-280 Comparative Gov. & Politics I
Film Studies - FIL-160 Intro. to the History of Film
Foundations of Literature - LIT-105 Introduction to Literature
Psychology 101 - PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology
Shakespeare in Context - LIT-299 Special Topics in Literature
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

[-] The following 4 users Like Flying-Ace's post:
  • jsd, Life Long Learning, sarg123, studiousimp
Great stuff.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Can you have 2 Special Topics courses applied to your degree plan?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(11-19-2017, 06:04 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Can you have 2 Special Topics courses applied to your degree plan?

Yes. The Special Topics title is used when TESU does not offer an equivalent course.
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

[-] The following 1 user Likes Flying-Ace's post:
  • Muldoon
(09-22-2017, 05:01 PM)BingCherry Wrote: I just got my final eval and here are some of the new SHMOOP codes for TESU in case anyone wanted to know:

Intro to Human Sexuality: PSY-232 (was placed in my Social Sciences AOS, along with the UL courses, to complete my AOS)

Intro. to the History of Film: FIL-160 (this went under Human Cultures category)

World Geography: GOG-230

Helllo.  For TESU, do you happen to know which math courses they accept through SHMOOP?  Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 275 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,860 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,491 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,037 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  ACTFL CREDITS to TESU Seagull 30 4,355 04-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: utility