Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sophia algebra
Lord help I wish the Math fairy would log in over night and finish this course for me, lol. I'm not a maths person and this course is like pulling teeth for me. I need it to transfer in after Spring session so it's got to get done.
Just venting.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Hang in there, you can do this! Grit your teeth and try reminding yourself that it's going to be easier to finish Sophia than to take pretty much any other math class.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-10-2021, 06:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Hang in there, you can do this! Grit your teeth and try reminding yourself that it's going to be easier to finish Sophia than to take pretty much any other math class.

Literally the ONLY reason I'm doing this. I can sail through most any other class but my brain just shuts down over math and I need to maintain a 3.5 or higher so I'm doing Sophia so that this class doesn't screw that up Smile
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • rachel83az
Are you watching the videos? Doing the problems step by step with the course instructor? Like writing it all out. That's what I had to do for College Algebra. Math and I aren't besties. I watched Anthony. I liked his methodology. He broke everything down step by step in his videos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • TINASAM
One of the best tips I received was from my niece who is currently a sophomore at an Ivy League school,  download the app PhotoMath to check your work. I was feeling so frustrated as  I couldn't figure out what step I was missing. The app laid out each step and made me feel like I truly understood Algebra when I was a done. You take a picture of the problem with your phone and it shows you the steps. Some of the issues I had with Algebra, was that you don't know what you don't know. This was like having a tutor with me each step of the way.
[-] The following 4 users Like CCCC's post:
  • neutrino, Pikachu, TINASAM, WALLACEMC11
(12-11-2021, 09:10 AM)CCCC Wrote: One of the best tips I received was from my niece who is currently a sophomore at an Ivy League school,  download the app PhotoMath to check your work. I was feeling so frustrated as  I couldn't figure out what step I was missing. The app laid out each step and made me feel like I truly understood Algebra when I was a done. You take a picture of the problem with your phone and it shows you the steps. Some of the issues I had with Algebra, was that you don't know what you don't know. This was like having a tutor with me each step of the way.

Photomath is a great app. Mathway is good also if you don't/can't use a camera. Both give you step by step solutions so you better understand how to work math problems.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 2 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • neutrino, WALLACEMC11
Khan Academy has very helpful videos in mathematics (and other subjects), but here is the link to all of their content on algebra: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra-home
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Sophia's Algebra should include 10 free hours of actual tutoring sessions if you really find yourself stuck and needing help.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 9 142 8 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 59,064 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 549 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 816 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 319 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 234 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 352 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM