Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBAGM Double Checking last few classes
Hey all,

Hubby and I have been plugging away at any and every course we can. He's down to the last few. He waffled a bit between International Business and GM but IB ended up needing 2-3 more courses and BUS120 didn't go where we had hoped so... General Management it is! As far as the BSBA IB, there's now a 7-8 credit difference and that's just too much to cram into the next three months along with a capstone and cornerstone. 

Now that there's only about 3 more classes to choose, I want to make sure I'm telling him the right ones to take. I've attached his academic eval. It looks like there's about 3 more classes he needs (that require a choice). One from GMS group 1 and two from GMS Elec group 1. 

On SDC, he'll probably finish BUS 308 tomorrow and he's enrolled in Marketing 303 but not started yet. After BUS120 not working out, I'm worried about duplicates or that there's something that doesn't fit where I think it will. Can someone confirm these two classes will work and possibly suggest one more class (anything except accounting).

The goal is to graduate ASAP, which I think at this point is March. 

Thank you guys so much for your advice and insight. We'd be lost without this forum haha.

Attached Files
.pdf   98CR BSBAGM Annotated.pdf (Size: 252.78 KB / Downloads: 37)
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(08-17-2020, 09:31 AM)lillingworth Wrote: Hey all,

Hubby and I have been plugging away at any and every course we can. He's down to the last few. He waffled a bit between International Business and GM but IB ended up needing 2-3 more courses and BUS120 didn't go where we had hoped so... General Management it is! As far as the BSBA IB, there's now a 7-8 credit difference and that's just too much to cram into the next three months along with a capstone and cornerstone. 

Now that there's only about 3 more classes to choose, I want to make sure I'm telling him the right ones to take. I've attached his academic eval. It looks like there's about 3 more classes he needs (that require a choice). One from GMS group 1 and two from GMS Elec group 1. 

On SDC, he'll probably finish BUS 308 tomorrow and he's enrolled in Marketing 303 but not started yet. After BUS120 not working out, I'm worried about duplicates or that there's something that doesn't fit where I think it will. Can someone confirm these two classes will work and possibly suggest one more class (anything except accounting).

Thank you guys so much for your advice and insight. We'd be lost without this forum haha.

You really need to confirm these classes with TESU before you take them.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-17-2020, 10:25 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 09:31 AM)lillingworth Wrote: Hey all,

You really need to confirm these classes with TESU before you take them.

They're pretty backup up right now so it's going to be just under two weeks before we can talk to an advisor and the express line said they couldn't confirm classes.
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(08-17-2020, 10:27 AM)lillingworth Wrote: They're pretty backup up right now so it's going to be just under two weeks before we can talk to an advisor and the express line said they couldn't confirm classes.

It is a waste of time to talk with an adviser for small questions.  

What you do is email academicadvising at tesu dot YouKnowTheThing.
(spam web crawlers pick up email addresses which is why I don't like to post them on forums)

Do this exactly.

Put in your degree plan subject for example.
"Question on course BSBA GM"
(This will ensure your questions gets routed to the Academic advisor that specializes in that degree)

then in body of email put your question for example:
"Can Study.com Business 308: Globalization & International Management be used for UL for BSBA GM?."
Add other courses as needed.
Then put your name and student Id.

They will get back to you within 24hrs with an answer.  Don't ask questions that aren't in your degree plan under your Academic Evaluation under Active Programs.

If you also request these courses be added to your "planned" courses if you are 90% sure you will take them and sure they work in your degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-17-2020, 10:53 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 10:27 AM)lillingworth Wrote: They're pretty backup up right now so it's going to be just under two weeks before we can talk to an advisor and the express line said they couldn't confirm classes.

It is a waste of time to talk with an adviser for small questions.  

What you do is email academicadvising at tesu dot YouKnowTheThing.
(spam web crawlers pick up email addresses which is why I don't like to post them on forums)

Do this exactly.

Put in your degree plan subject for example.
"Question on course BSBA GM"
(This will ensure your questions gets routed to the Academic advisor that specializes in that degree)

then in body of email put your question for example:
"Can Study.com Business 308: Globalization & International Management be used for UL for BSBA GM?."
Add other courses as needed.
Then put your name and student Id.

They will get back to you within 24hrs with an answer.  Don't ask questions that aren't in your degree plan under your Academic Evaluation under Active Programs.

If you also request these courses be added to your "planned" courses if you are 90% sure you will take them and sure they work in your degree.

Thank you. Do you have any recommendations for a third course?

Just wondering, what was wrong with the BUS120? That should have been an easier course than the BUS308. Take both, redo the BUS120 and take the BUS308 for UL AOS.

Hubby has to hit 3 of 4 areas of study for the BSBA GM, he already has a MAN, FIN, and now a MAR 303. The BUS 308 should come in as UL and I would get him to redo his BUS 120 for the International Business/Business in Society requirement.

I would recommend him doing American Government and also another UL MAR course OR take the UL Project Management course at Study.com to finish off the degree. This is because of overlapping knowledge from previous MAR/PM courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Was that international finance course from Davar? I'd love to talk to him about it if so.
(08-17-2020, 11:55 AM)lillingworth Wrote: Thank you. Do you have any recommendations for a third course?

Take whatever course you feel like is your strength or something you are interested in. Some courses have placement tests so you can get a feel for the course before you take it.
(08-17-2020, 12:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just wondering, what was wrong with the BUS120? That should have been an easier course than the BUS308.  Take both, redo the BUS120 and take the BUS308 for UL AOS.

Hubby has to hit 3 of 4 areas of study for the BSBA GM, he already has a MAN, FIN, and now a MAR 303.  The BUS 308 should come in as UL and I would get him to redo his BUS 120 for the International Business/Business in Society requirement.

I would recommend him doing American Government and also another UL MAR course OR take the UL Project Management course at Study.com to finish off the degree.  This is because of overlapping knowledge from previous MAR/PM courses.

For the IB concentration, we thought BUS120 would serve as the required "Intro to Business" course. We called the express line and the says it "sounds like it would be okay" but then it came in as an elective. We called again and they said they can't really give that information and to make an appointment with the advisors.

PM sounds good since he's going for PMP cert too! Thanks!

(08-17-2020, 02:32 PM)inkleind Wrote: Was that international finance course from Davar? I'd love to talk to him about it if so.

It was from SDC. He finished it in just a couple days, paper included, but said it was kinda boring. He said there's a lot of laws and regulations to remember. Now, when it's just memorization and application, I tend to do really well with stuff like that, but he hates it. He prefers to see all the interworking parts of a concept so he can understand how it all fits together. 

So it really depends on how you learn I guess. 

There might be a review for that Davar class in the mass review thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 515 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 280 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 348 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 566 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double minor moho23 10 864 09-14-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Trying to figure out what other classes I would need. sach2380 6 674 06-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: sach2380
  Need advice on remaining classes for BLS fromthedepths 9 809 03-03-2023, 08:20 PM
  TEL Learning easiest classes for RA credit? CanICode 3 618 10-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  TESU BA Computer Science BSBA CIS Double Degree Plan LevelUP 58 5,963 10-02-2022, 03:25 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  adding BA in Business Administration at UMPI; help with finding classes/ best pathway SydWill 5 680 08-31-2022, 10:05 AM