Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions please on natural science clep
What study and test prep test materials would you suggest to use in getting ready for this test? I have the passyourclass materials, but is there anything else a nonscience dummy, like me, needs to somehow pass this test. Thanks in advance for your help. And how long will it take for an excellent memorizer take to get ready for this test and how many questions is it?
I took this in Nov. 05 and scored a 60. I used the passyourclass guide, although I think it's more useful for reviewing than learning from scratch. The Peterson's CLEP review material was useful, as was taking and studying review questions and answers (from Peterson's and College Board). Others here have also suggested studying the CLEP biology instantcert review, as the exam is heavy on biology. The physicial sciences portion of the exam was much more widespread and has some easy areas. I think I scored a good deal of points from the astronomy, earth science, and states of matter areas. As for how long it takes, I'd say a week of intensive studying is probably enough, but if you're insecure like I was maybe two. I hope this helps.
Somebody posted that the Instantcert's Biology and GED science material was all that was needed to pass it. Plus, you could take Biology before or after it and earn another 6 credits! 12 credits for studying for one exam. That is the best bang for your buck out there next to the GRE (w/high percentile score).
RBOWMAN Wrote:What study and test prep test materials would you suggest to use in getting ready for this test? I have the passyourclass materials, but is there anything else a nonscience dummy, like me, needs to somehow pass this test. Thanks in advance for your help. And how long will it take for an excellent memorizer take to get ready for this test and how many questions is it?

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]I took / passed the NS-CLEP in February. Here is a list of my study materials, however I SUGGEST taking the BIOLOGY CLEP FIRST before sitting the NS exam. I say this as the NS exam is made up of 50% of biology and the balance of chemistry, geology, physics, and astronomy. If you can pass biology first then the NS exam isn't so bad. I studied for biology for 3 weeks took the exam and passed. Then I added another 2 weeks of study for the NS exam and passed it too.

Here is my list:

INSTANTCERT - Biology
REA Biology
Standard Deviants - Biology
http://www.DavidandLaurie.com - NS exam study guide.

BTW: InstantCert does have 123 science questions listed in the GED Science section that can be somewhat helpful.

GOOD LUCK!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 210 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 176 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,872 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,843 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 596 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM