Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
swordfights! deminishing the enjoyment of the forum
I'm wondering if we could get back to the old style forum when assistance to each other was a fundamental part of why I come here each week. Recently three prominent individuals have been sword fighting across multiple threads in a way that doesn't engender, helping each other out. There is always room for debate however let's assist original posters with their question and leave the swords in their scabbards please or find a more appropriate venue, Madison square garden maybe Smile
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I don't see anything wrong with civil debate. If someone is potentially giving out misleading information, then it should be pointed out. People have different points of view, and it's up to the individual to determine which point of view works best or makes the most sense for him or her. One new member has recently attracted debates from about a dozen different people. Her point of view is very different. It's just the way it is.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Sanantone, As a major contributor to my education and others particularly those attending TESC your corrections and guidance are always welcome, as I mentioned before, you almost convinced me to transfer to TESC and I may do so for degree No. 2 its the non relevant ping ponging back and forth that I'm finding tiresome from certain people who have arrived and contention that has followed.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
sanantone Wrote:If someone is potentially giving out misleading information, then it should be pointed out. People have different points of view, and it's up to the individual to determine which point of view works best or makes the most sense for him or her. One new member has recently attracted debates from about a dozen different people. Her point of view is very different. It's just the way it is.

I totally agree, and could not have said this better myself!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
sanantone Wrote:I don't see anything wrong with civil debate. If someone is potentially giving out misleading information, then it should be pointed out. People have different points of view, and it's up to the individual to determine which point of view works best or makes the most sense for him or her. One new member has recently attracted debates from about a dozen different people. Her point of view is very different. It's just the way it is.
And it's only the fact that recent debate has been considerably more civil that is has been allowed to continue. I too miss the old days (a month or two ago it seems) when we all gathered to help each other out and a spirit of cooperation was everywhere on this site.

Personally, I have mentioned many times that I shy away from certain debate on this forum in the interest of seeing the underlying mission move forward without animosity (OK...there was a time when Sanantone and I sparred, but we made up pretty quickly and I think she knows I appreciate and respect her input). Smile

This is Steve's house, and we will follow his rules which include a chance to debate relevant issues so long as we keep it civil.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I agree with you 100%. It seems like every thread turns into a debate/argument over something. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why does it take post after post after post to get your point across, why must you dig up things people have said in the past, etc. It is just getting old. I just don't understand the whole point. Offer what beneficial information you have and let the OP digest and make their own informed decision. You do not need to debate everything someone else has to say. If you have a bone to pick with someone, do it in private. It really is taking away from the forum, at least for me, and it seems to happen A LOT!
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
rebel100 Wrote:And it's only the fact that recent debate has been considerably more civil that is has been allowed to continue. I too miss the old days (a month or two ago it seems) when we all gathered to help each other out and a spirit of cooperation was everywhere on this site.

Personally, I have mentioned many times that I shy away from certain debate on this forum in the interest of seeing the underlying mission move forward without animosity (OK...there was a time when Sanantone and I sparred, but we made up pretty quickly and I think she knows I appreciate and respect her input). Smile

This is Steve's house, and we will follow his rules which include a chance to debate relevant issues so long as we keep it civil.

And, I appreciate and respect your input. Almost every single person who has posted or liked something in this thread so far has had a disagreement or more with the same individual in the past month. If the person is not breaking the rules, what can you do?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Maybe you need a debate area. :willynilly:
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:Maybe you need a debate area. :willynilly:

That's actually a good idea. All debates that go off topic can be moved to a debate thread.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
EI2HCB,

I couldn't agree more. I've felt the same for a while now. The forum culture has changed so much since I oiginally joined in 2009. Folks would simply offer feedback and allow the original poster to lead the conversation. Now, it's the opposite.

The goal was to hopefully educate the OP on different methods of earning credit to complete a degree. It was not my way or the highway...but simply this was the method I used, here are a few others, you choose. I felt like a kid in a candy store when I encountered this forum. I have to be honest and say, had I been introduced recently, I would have had a much different first impression.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 6 729 03-14-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I missed this forum 2L8 1 990 03-07-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Can we disable necroposting on this forum? udi 19 2,542 04-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,512 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost sgloer 46 11,386 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,595 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  Link to Degree Forum Wiki jmeitrem 5 3,020 05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 5,930 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Forum Friend Requests dfrecore 18 3,476 09-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What's more telling? School or Degree Program....From the other forum rebel100 7 1,686 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: rebel100