Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unfinished TESC degree from 2014 awaken from the dead!
Wink 
Hello people!  Yes I began this thing in 2007, and never finished because I ended up owing TESC (now TESU hahahaha) lots of money.  Literally 14 years later, I just paid off the school because I am an adult now and I want to finish it.   Big Grin
Anyone feel like taking a look?
I have NO clue what the new shiny options are for easy credits, what the new TESU requirements are for the BA in Social Sciences, idk anything!  I did, ten years ago, but if someone feels like helping me I'll be your best friend????   Cool Smile  Heart 
I only need 16 credits, what would you do?  

Thank you guys!!!
-A Blast From The Past 

These are a mix between a Penn Foster Criminal Justice Associates degree, FEMA courses, CLEP courses, and two TESU courses.  

TESU-ACE SOC 305 Crisis Intervention 3.00 
FIS 391 Intro Fire Safety Education CR 1.00 
HRM 331 Human Resources Management CR 1.00 
AOJ 102 Intro. to Criminal Justice CR 3.00 
ENC 101 English Composition I CR 3.00 
FEL 121 Library Orientation CR 1.00 CAP 
101 Microcomputer Software Applns CR 3.00 
AOJ 252 Criminal Law & Criminal Courts CR 3.00 
AOJ 251 Criminal Law CR 3.00 
AOJ 284 Ethics & the Adm. of Justice CR 3.00 SOC 291 Criminology CR 3.00 
AOJ 106 Intro. to Admin. of Justice CR 3.00 
AOJ 273 Police Organization & Admin. CR 3.00 
HIS 122 World History II CR 3.00 
AOJ 142 Criminal Procedures:Investgtn CR 3.00 
SOS 440 Terrorism CR 3.00 
SOC 359 Organized Crime CR 3.00 
AOJ 241 Intro. to Criminalistics CR 3.00 
BUS 161 Business Mathematics CR 2.00 
ART 100 A World of Art CR 3.00 
POS 315 International Relations I CR 3.00 
AOJ 245 Criminal Evidence & Procedures CR 3.00 
AOJ 299 Spec. Stud. in Selected Topics CR 3.00 
AOJ 384 Women and Crime CR 3.00 
AOJ 126 Multicultural Law Enforcement CR 3.00 
ENC 102 English Composition II CR 3.00 
MAT 121 College Algebra CR 3.00 
MAT 115 Intermediate Algebra CR 3.00 
MAT 129 Precalculus CR 3.00 
STA 201 Principles of Statistics CR 3.00 
BIO 210 Anat and Phys I w/out Lab CR 3.00 
TESU-CLEP PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology CR 3.00 
SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology CR 3.00 
PSY 211 Developmental Psychology CR 3.00 
PSY 230 Intro. to Educational Psych. CR 3.00 
INSTITUTIONAL CREDITS November 2014 
BIO 310 Biology and Behavior of Dogs B 3.00  
SOS 320 The Mgt of Stress & Tension A 3.00 
TERM GPA: 4.000 TOTAL: 3.00 CUMULATIVE GPA: 3.500 TOTAL: 104.00
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Welcome (back)!

Can you post screenshots of your academic evaluation? Log into OSS, click Academic Evaluation, in the dropdown menu choose "BA in Sociology". Windows has "Snipping Tool" that you can use to take and save screenshots easily or there is also FireShot (a browser plugin).

TESU no longer accepts FEMA credits. Since it appears you've already transferred them in, I think you are fine. But I suppose it's also possible that you'll lose those credits by re-enrolling and getting a new catalog year. You don't appear to have many FEMA credits, so it's not too bad, but just warning you of the possibility.

There are a number of degrees that are possible using mostly cheap credits: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Unfortunately, TESU has a new requirement for 24 RA credits + capstone & cornerstone that you might not know about. You do NOT have to take these credits from TESU and there are a number of inexpensive ways to get RA credits now. Unfortunately, this does mean that you might have to redo some of the credits that you already have from CLEP/Penn Foster. You already have 6 RA credits from TESU. 18 more credits should be $900-1200 (depending on your choices/preferences).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hi Rachel!  Thank you so much for your reply!  I actually don't have any of my log-in information, I paid the school and was able to request an official transcript but that is as far as I have gotten.  Wow so much has changed !!  Do you think maybe since there's so many new requirements and I may lose a lot of my credits, I might have better luck transferring these credits to a whole different institution?  Back in (practically last century lol) "The Big Three" were the only real options at the time.  That capstone looks pretty scary!!!!  

Thanks so much Rachel!!!!!!!

Heart
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

You're right; thinking about it, you might be better off going with UMPI. With TESU, you would need about $1k in RA credits + capstone + cornerstone + $3100 residency waiver. That would cover about 5 terms at UMPI! Yikes.

https://online.umpi.edu/programs/

They don't have a social science/sociology degree but they do have Criminal Justice and I see you have a bunch of CJ credits. I am not sure what, if any, classes you should take at Sophia before you apply. I think you're good but I'm not positive.

But the trick here would be getting your Penn Foster credits into the new ACE system. The transfer hasn't exactly been a smooth process and Penn Foster seems a bit iffy right now. Do you still know/have access to the email you used with the old ACE system?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I might check with TESU and see if they will keep everything as-is, and you don't need an Acclaim transcript showing ACE credit or anything else; because some are gone, some don't have Acclaim badges yet (so not on a transcript), etc.  It will make it difficult to go to any other of the Big 3, and maybe even UMPI.

I would also ask them because you have some UL credits that they may not give UL credit for any longer.  Not sure if that's an issue, but it might be and is worth checking on.

Also, the FEMA courses you took are all ACE-recommended, so they aren't an issue in terms of not being accepted as much as trying to get them on the Acclaim transcript.

So your first step would actually be to talk to someone at TESU and re-apply and see what the eval looks like.  If it's the same as this, then your easiest (although not cheapest) would be to stay at TESU.

Also, you already have 6cr at TESU for residency (and RA credits), so you're one of the people who is better off doing the FT Flat-rate tuition: $4639, and you take the cornerstone, capstone, and then at least 4 more credits (one epack course and a 1cr course).  But really, you're much better off doing the cornerstone, capstone, and then at four e-pack courses that will fill the remaining spots and give you the RA credit you need.

Placing all of your current credits back into a TESU degree, here's what you need to do:

ORAL COMM - Public Speaking or Technical Comm at TESU (online course) - No e-pack course available here
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT - American Government e-Pack course
SCIENCE - Biology, Nutrition, or Computer Concepts & Applications e-Pack course
FREE ELECTIVE - any ePack course
CORNERSTONE - TESU online
CAPSTONE - TESU online

https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=...1571680140

The reason I'm recommending e-Pack courses is because they are a test-out option, like a CLEP or TECEP exam, but you pay full price and it counts towards residency.  So it's not like taking a full course load during the term.  You can even study ahead of the term and take the exams when you're ready, like right when the term starts, and then spend all your time on the courses.

Just wanted to let you know what a TESU option looks like if ACE/Acclaim is going to be an issue for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My gosh you all are amazing!!!! I have a TON of researching and contacting and sifting that I have to do and I at least now know where I need to begin. I will contact TESU and go from there, thank you all so much!!! LOL this thread right here should be a lesson to the procrastinators out there -don't put things off. LOL when I first began at TESC there wasn't even capstone or any residency requirements or,,, like ANY requirements LOL. Thank you all again! <3

(02-19-2021, 11:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I might check with TESU and see if they will keep everything as-is, and you don't need an Acclaim transcript showing ACE credit or anything else; because some are gone, some don't have Acclaim badges yet (so not on a transcript), etc.  It will make it difficult to go to any other of the Big 3, and maybe even UMPI.

I would also ask them because you have some UL credits that they may not give UL credit for any longer.

So your first step would actually be to talk to someone at TESU and re-apply and see what the eval looks like.  If it's the same as this, then your easiest (although not cheapest) would be to stay at TESU.

Also, I could look at EC and COSC for you, but honestly, I think if you can't get these credits there any time soon, you're not going to be happy with how much you have to complete at either of those schools.

Also, you already have 6cr at TESU for residency (and RA credits), so you're one of the people who is better off doing the FT Flat-rate tuition: $4639, and you take the cornerstone, capstone, and then at least 4 more credits (one epack course and a 1cr course).  But really, you're much better off doing the cornerstone, capstone, and then at four e-pack courses that will fill the remaining spots and give you the RA credit you need.

Placing all of your current credits back into a TESU degree, here's what you need to do:

ORAL COMM - Public Speaking or Technical Comm at TESU (online course) - No e-pack course available here
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT - American Government e-Pack course
SCIENCE - Biology, Nutrition, or Computer Concepts & Applications e-Pack course
FREE ELECTIVE - any ePack course
CORNERSTONE - TESU online
CAPSTONE - TESU online

https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=...1571680140

The reason I'm recommending e-Pack courses is because they are a test-out option, like a CLEP or TECEP exam, but you pay full price and it counts towards residency.  So it's not like taking a full course load during the term.  You can even study ahead of the term and take the exams when you're ready, like right when the term starts, and then spend all your time on the courses.

Just wanted to let you know what a TESU option looks like if ACE/Acclaim is going to be an issue for you.

Also worth noting that the BA Social Sciences doesn't exist anymore. So I think OP would have to go for a BA in Liberal Studies (SS concentration) unless you know anything I don't about how it works. Is that what degree you are assuming they'd do.
UPDATE:

EC will be more expensive than TESU, so no need to even look at that - not worth the effort.

The TESU degree would be a BALS with a concentration in Social Sciences.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
wait but would they have the 30 RA credits required now?
(02-19-2021, 12:42 PM)natshar Wrote: wait but would they have the 30 RA credits required now?

Sorry - I was thinking 24cr for some reason (maybe because I just helped a military student!).

You're right, that's going to be 6cr more of RA. Geez, it sure doesn't pay to put this off for sure.

Add 2 TECEP exams. Maybe Applied Liberal Arts Math and one that will fulfill Oral Comm, then switch an ePack course to another "free" course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 164 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 144 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,748 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 205 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,558 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 216 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 628 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,124 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 256 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,211 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK