Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upper level finance courses?
Try asking about the CSU Global CBE for Managerial Economics. No one has asked about that yet.

There are also some new ones that might work: Comparative Economics and Global Business, Financial Performance in Operations Management, Funding Sources for Small Business/Entrepreneurial Organization, and Management in the Global Economy.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Ideas
What I was previously told by TESU and posted above was apparently wrong. They are frustrating Sad

I don't think there are any classes at the cheap community colleges that would count. They generally only have the 2 basic econ courses which get used in the business core.

I think I may go for PLA to fulfill the last 3 cr, and I will post again in my Journey thread.

(10-05-2017, 09:09 PM)sanantone Wrote: Try asking about the CSU Global CBE for Managerial Economics. No one has asked about that yet.

There are also some new ones that might work: Comparative Economics and Global Business, Financial Performance in Operations Management, Funding Sources for Small Business/Entrepreneurial Organization, and Management in the Global Economy.

Has anyone sent any emails about these tests? It doesn't hurt to ask. I don't know why so many people are reluctant to ask about every possible option.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
A TESU rep initially said Analyzing Financial Statements works as a UL Finance course. It's ACC but of course it's Finance related too. Another rep told me it did not work, but later said it does work. I believe it does work, since both reps are telling me it does, although there might be some confusion getting them to put it in properly. I think I should be fine since they are "planning it into my degree".

yeah I had more or less decided to settle for accounting or general management options but thanks to all the great options sanantone posted I figured I would check to see if any of them would work. Strange thing is they had already told me the financial statements class would be considered accounting and I didn't even ask about that one again but when I sent them an email asking about the other possible courses from CSU this is what they sent.... Would have been nice to know how the other classes would come in too but I'm not gonna complain =]

"As of right now, the Finance area of study is slated to be completed with the following options:
Davar Academy courses: FIN310-Multinational Business Finance & FIN401 Corporate Finance
TECEP exams: FIN-321 and FIN-331
Ed4Credit: Introduction to Money & Banking
CSU Global exam: FIN400EX Analyzing Financial Statements

Unless you plan to change the above plan, the other CSU exams listed in your message will not be reviewed."
I think you should ask what Analyzing Financial Statements will come in as. The course numbers you've listed above (except TECEP's) are the course numbers of the course provider, not the course equivalency at TESU. Davar is known.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-13-2017, 07:15 AM)will1975 Wrote: yeah I had more or less decided to settle for accounting or general management options but thanks to all the great options sanantone posted I figured I would check to see if any of them would work. Strange thing is they had already told me the financial statements class would be considered accounting and I didn't even ask about that one again but when I sent them an email asking about the other possible courses from CSU this is what they sent.... Would have been nice to know how the other classes would come in too but I'm not gonna complain =]

"As of right now, the Finance area of study is slated to be completed with the following options:
Davar Academy courses: FIN310-Multinational Business Finance & FIN401 Corporate Finance

Unless you plan to change the above plan, the other CSU exams listed in your message will not be reviewed."

LOL. They're so rude. At least you have your AOS filled.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(10-13-2017, 07:15 AM)will1975 Wrote: yeah I had more or less decided to settle for accounting or general management options but thanks to all the great options sanantone posted I figured I would check to see if any of them would work.  Strange thing is they had already told me the financial statements class would be considered accounting and I didn't even ask about that one again but when I sent them an email asking about the other possible courses from CSU this is what they sent.... Would have been nice to know how the other classes would come in too but I'm not gonna complain =]

Ed4Credit Money & Banking is probably ECO322. DSST Money & Banking is ECO322.

FIN400EX is ACC-311. Apparently some advisors won't realize that this counts for Finance, but some will.

(10-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Ideas Wrote: FIN400EX is ACC-311. Apparently some advisors won't realize that this counts for Finance, but some will.

I knew those, but I always like to get updated info from advising when possible.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-13-2017, 02:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Ideas Wrote: FIN400EX is ACC-311. Apparently some advisors won't realize that this counts for Finance, but some will.

I knew those, but I always like to get updated info from advising when possible.

Yeah, I like to have it confirmed a few times. I was told this yesterday (and a few months ago), and the person above was told it counts in Finance AOS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,058 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,053 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,813 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,708 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,059 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,220 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,712 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,886 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin