Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do the TESU degrees say?
I found some posts that indicate the BALS concentrations don't show on the degrees, but i don't see anything about the BSBA degrees. I am doing the BSBA in CIs - will it only say Business Administration? Or does it also say CIS?
For TESU it reads "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration" - no matter which concentration you have.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

The AOS only appears on the transcript for every TESU degree as far as I know. Only the major appears on the diploma itself.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Will the transcript clearly state which courses were completed as part of the AOS? During the course of my academic evaluations, TESU just kept juggling my AOS courses. Except for the upper level courses, and the required courses, they seemed to basically include anything they wanted in the AOS. Now that I have applied for graduation, should I clearly state which courses I would like to be represented as AOS?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • saraholson
(05-22-2019, 11:10 AM)Supermind Wrote: Will the transcript clearly state which courses were completed as part of the AOS? During the course of my academic evaluations, TESU just kept juggling my AOS courses. Except for the upper level courses, and the required courses, they seemed to basically include anything they wanted in the AOS. Now that I have applied for graduation, should I clearly state which courses I would like to be represented as AOS?

They just list all courses taken, and don't show it like the eval.  Just an FYI, I've seen MANY transcripts, and NONE of them show it the way you think.  They all just list transfer credits, courses by term, and then the degree granted.

And even though I have a lot of graded credit from 4 colleges, none of that is on TESU's transcript.  Again, NO transcripts I've ever seen include previous graded credit in their GPA calculations.  It's an internal scoring, to make sure that you should or shouldn't be admitted to the school.

My transcript just lists it like this: every course I took (whether or not it was used in the degree) by course provider, including number of credits, and grade if I took the course at TESU.

TRANSFER CREDITS

College 1
course #, course name, # of credits

College 2

College 3

College 4

ASSESSMENT CREDITS

TESU-ACE
course #, course name, CR, # of credits

TESU-DSST
course #, course name, CR, # of credits

TESU-CLEP

TESU-NCCRS

INSTITUTIONAL CREDITS

Term (so like October 2015)
Term GPA N/A
Cumulative GPA N/A, Total Credits (this is cumulative)
(these were my TECEP exams - for TECEP's I didn't take or didn't pass, I got a W instead of a CR.)

Term
course #, course name, Grade, # of credits
(this was my capstone course)
Term GPA (this was my grade for my capstone)
Cumulative GPA (capstone grade), Total Credits (cumulative)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • pws, saraholson
(05-21-2019, 11:08 PM)saraholson Wrote: I found some posts that indicate the BALS concentrations don't show on the degrees, but i don't see anything about the BSBA degrees. I am doing the BSBA in CIs - will it only say Business Administration? Or does it also say CIS?

This shouldn't freak you out. The thing you frame will say "Bachelor of Arts" or "Bachelor of Science" which is normal.
Allvia says it will ALSO say Business Administration, which is kinda unique - mine's a BA, so it doesn't have anything else.
Your transcript will have all your goodies- credits earned / majors / concentrations / aos / etc.
That's the industry standard.
(05-22-2019, 11:10 AM)Supermind Wrote: Will the transcript clearly state which courses were completed as part of the AOS? During the course of my academic evaluations, TESU just kept juggling my AOS courses. Except for the upper level courses, and the required courses, they seemed to basically include anything they wanted in the AOS. Now that I have applied for graduation, should I clearly state which courses I would like to be represented as AOS?

No, the transcript doesn't indicate what courses were slotted where. It just shows the courses that were included in the degree and where they originate.

JSD was kind enough to provide a photo of his TESU transcript in this forum post if you'd like to take a look to see what they look like. Mine looks nearly identical format wise.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 5 users Like Merlin's post:
  • jsd, Muldoon, pws, saraholson, suzycupcake
(05-22-2019, 04:07 PM)Merlin Wrote:

No, the transcript doesn't indicate what courses were slotted where. It just shows the courses that were included in the degree and where they originate.

JSD was kind enough to provide a photo of his TESU transcript in this forum post if you'd like to take a look to see what they look like. Mine looks nearly identical format wise.

Same. The only difference on mine is that the right side lists the classes I took at TESU broken down by semester.
(05-22-2019, 09:14 AM)Merlin Wrote: The AOS only appears on the transcript for every TESU degree as far as I know. Only the major appears on the diploma itself.

Could you please tell me what the physical diploma says for the ASNSM in Computer Science? Does it mention Computer Science? Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I can't even remember what it says on my ASNSM diploma. My diplomas are in boxes. Unless you're a healthcare professional working in a clinic or office, no one is going to be looking at your diplomas.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,320 7 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27