Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help - TESU BA Psychology
I have only sent my transcripts to them, I have not formally applied yet or done any study.com courses. After I complete my sophia courses (which I am doing as we speak), I will only have 6 area of study psych courses to take and the Ethics in the Digital Age course left. Then of course the 2 required TESU classes. I thought it would be the smartest thing to do to get everything done before I formally apply to TESU and take their 2 required classes, am I right?
Are you a NJ resident?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
I have the following classes left to take and 3 have to be upper level. I would like cheap and easy but easy over cheap (im a working single mom with 2 jobs). And if the answer is study.com, is it possible to do all of these in 1 month? I just did 3 sophia courses in 3 days.

Research in Experimental Psychology

History and Systems of Psychology

Psysiological Psychology

Developmental Psychology

Abnormal Psychology

Ethics in the Digital Age

Psychology Elective
Study.com and Coopersmith both have UL psych courses.
When you do UL study.com you have to do papers that are going to take extra time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-23-2020, 09:00 PM)nickyberit Wrote: I have only sent my transcripts to them, I have not formally applied yet or done any study.com courses. After I complete my sophia courses (which I am doing as we speak), I will only have 6 area of study psych courses to take and the Ethics in the Digital Age course left. Then of course the 2 required TESU classes. I thought it would be the smartest thing to do to get everything done before I formally apply to TESU and take their 2 required classes, am I right?

No. They may change the catalog on you before you apply and fully enroll. For instance, they used to only require 3 credits (the capstone) and then they changed it to require the information literacy one as well. They used to accept Shmoop courses, now they don't. Waiting to apply and enroll means that you may be wasting time taking courses that they won't count towards your degree later.

And if you're not a NJ resident, waiting means you've potentially lost the SDC discount and will have to pay at least an extra $600 for your degree to take those 6 credits with them. With the wording on the site, it's possible (but not guaranteed) that if you apply now with the SDC discount you'll get it even if they don't receive a SDC transcript from you until after July 1st. It's worth a shot, anyway, if you are not a NJ resident.
(06-23-2020, 10:02 PM)nickyberit Wrote: And if the answer is study.com, is it possible to do all of these in 1 month?

No.

Study.com has a hard limit of 5 courses per membership month.  You can do more in a calendar month, as has been pointed out by bjcheung77 in this thread, but if you haven't signed up yet, there's no way to do more than five in the next 30 days.

Coopersmith's learning model is very simple and entirely self-paced.  You are given some review materials and suggestions for textbooks, and when you decide that you're ready, you take the exam.  There are no limitations on either how many courses may be taken or how long you must spend on them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • nickyberit
which is cheaper? study.com or coopersmith?
(06-23-2020, 09:10 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Are you a NJ resident?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

no I live in NY
(06-24-2020, 05:40 PM)nickyberit Wrote: which is cheaper? study.com or coopersmith?

Study.com.  $199 for two courses vs $150 each at Coopersmith.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 176 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 628 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 4 299 03-04-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Priszilla
  AA degree to BS Psychology - advice needed StJackson 7 284 02-26-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 9 869 02-06-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16