Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which combo of Sophia courses?
(01-29-2022, 09:21 PM)ACI Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 05:02 PM)booklovingirl Wrote: I did Intro to Ethics without Greek Phil and had no problems at all. It was fairly easy and I've never studied Greek Philosophers outside of Sophia either.  So, YMMV.  I would recommend doing the trial first (up through first set of challenges) and see how it goes for you.
Thanks!  So, you never studied Greek Philosophers at any time?

I also skipped the Greek Philosophers course, and I did Intro to Ethics in one evening with no problem. I really enjoyed the material, and I got a 95 overall.
[-] The following 2 users Like origamishuttle's post:
  • ACI, booklovingirl
(01-29-2022, 05:02 PM)booklovingirl Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 07:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
Quote:Can you tell me why I need Greek Philosophers along with Ethics?  Because it's easier, or am I missing a requirement?  

The Ethics course is (mostly) a Philsophy course. A lot of it won't make much sense if you didn't do Greek Philosophers first. It is possible to complete it, it'll just be more difficult than it needs to be and may take you significantly longer. If you want, you can do everything except the Touchstones for Greek Philosophers and then drop the class. 
I did Intro to Ethics without Greek Phil and had no problems at all. It was fairly easy and I've never studied Greek Philosophers outside of Sophia either.  So, YMMV.  I would recommend doing the trial first (up through first set of challenges) and see how it goes for you.

Nope, not at all. But as I said, each person's experience and study is unique. I recommend doing the trial section to Intro to Ethics and looking at the course guide and making the call.  Or as rachel83az said, do the Greek course and don't do the touchstone and drop it. It shouldn't take that much more time.
(01-29-2022, 09:56 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 05:02 PM)booklovingirl Wrote: I did Intro to Ethics without Greek Phil and had no problems at all. It was fairly easy and I've never studied Greek Philosophers outside of Sophia either.  So, YMMV.  I would recommend doing the trial first (up through first set of challenges) and see how it goes for you.

I also skipped the Greek Philosophers course, and I did Intro to Ethics in one evening with no problem. I really enjoyed the material, and I got a 95 overall.

Man, how? I started Intro to Ethics and dropped it. Nothing made any sense. That's when I found out about taking Greek Phil first. I ended up not needing ethics as my 1 credit ethics course was enough for my degree. But man ethics was so tough. I know nothing about philosophy though. That may be the difference.
(01-29-2022, 09:56 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:

I did the ethics class this evening in a couple hours. It is open book and everything is in the course material if you need to refer back to it. I also thought it was pretty interesting though, maybe that is the difference. I can see how it could be a slog for someone who had zero interest in the subject.
Jumping in here with a recommendation for Intro to Information Technology. I have one final milestone( unit 4) and then the final milestone to do. The course syllabus doesn't mention anything about a writing assignment so that's good. The challenges and milestones so far have had the text open in the right screen, so yes, during the milestone, the texts for the unit are on the right side of the screen and open. That made things better since you don't need to open a new browser or have a second screen. Having just gone through the ASU CIS 194 1cr course, this one has been a breeze and for someone with any knowledge, it can be done in a few hrs. One of the faster courses I've taken.
(02-23-2022, 04:38 PM)uncapentin Wrote: Jumping in here with a recommendation for Intro to Information Technology. I have one final milestone( unit 4) and then the final milestone to do. The course syllabus doesn't mention anything about a writing assignment so that's good. The challenges and milestones so far have had the text open in the right screen, so yes, during the milestone, the texts for the unit are on the right side of the screen and open. That made things better since you don't need to open a new browser or have a second screen. Having just gone through the ASU CIS 194 1cr course, this one has been a breeze and for someone with any knowledge, it can be done in a few hrs. One of the faster courses I've taken.

If you know what a mouse and keyboard are, then you know about 1/2 the material  Smile
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts, studyingfortests

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,443 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,970 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet