Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Self-paced online degree? (web or film)
(09-21-2022, 08:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @pluggingalong, Patience my friend.  We're here to help, I do things a little differently, and you don't need a high school diploma as you'll be using the Pierpont BOG AAS as entry to UMPI.  In fact, you're using the older credits + Sophia.org to get you past the 90 credit transfer to UMPI, bypassing previous High School grade requirements.

Transferring 90+ credits to UMPI doesn't waive the high school diploma requirement unless you already have a degree. This is a U of M system requirement so unless they have changed it in the last few months, the only way around it is to transfer with a degree. The Pierpont BOG AAS does that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • pluggingalong
(09-21-2022, 05:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 05:25 PM)pluggingalong Wrote: The UMPI application process is going to require proof of High School graduation since I have less than 60 credits to transfer.  I hated High School and graduated with the lowest grade possible. I don't think I am going to be able to call the old school and ask them for anything. If I did call them, I would end up telling them how 35 years ago which teachers laughed in my face, threw my assignments in the trashcan, told me I had no chance to pass tests, mocked me publicly, asked me what was wrong with me, asked me why I was even in school, and accused me of cheating when I studied for a test. I would tell them I've been able to do well financially despite their efforts, that they can go XXXX themselves, and the only thing that got me through the 80s were the hopes and dreams of a nuclear apocalypse. I looked in to invalidating a HS diploma, and earning a GED, but that is apparently now allowed. I would rather erase any record I went there, than ask them for proof of it.  All I ever wanted was to have a regular life, with a college degree as Step 1.  You get a degree, a job, get married, have kids, and grow old. Instead, it's been one long battle from Day 0.  Well, I don't think this is going to work.

Get the Pierpont BOG AAS degree before applying to UMPI. I don't know if Pierpont requires a high school diploma.

Technically, I think they say they do. But, IIRC, there have been a couple of students here who were able to get the Pierpont degree without one. If you're of a certain age, I think they might not ask. Since the application is free, it'd still be worth applying to see if the AAS can be obtained. Nancy Parks is super helpful to everyone in the BOG AAS program.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • pluggingalong, ss20ts
I sent my HS and college transcripts, so I will see how it goes. I wouldn't blame them if they decline. I can sound crazy on the phone. Thanks for all the help.
Good luck! Let us know if you need any help filling out the requirements for UMPI or Pierpont! Smile

If you list out exactly what classes you've already taken, including grades, we'll have a good idea of what's still left to do for both schools.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • pluggingalong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 269 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,041 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,087 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,684 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 838 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,969 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any online colleges with recorded or live video lectures? whiverem 15 965 11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 632 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,234 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,255 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts