Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will take ECE college writing
Rome,
Thanks for the time it must have taken you to write this, I guess you were still in the essay writing groove. The subject of ECE writing has very little coverage on this forum so know that your report will be studied by almost everyone needing to take it, including myself. We all wish you luck on the outcome, I'm sure you'll share it with us when it arrives. Thanks! Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
rome Wrote:The setting on the computer I had was a good quality, and unexpected. I had practiced on My Access, which is still an excellent tool, but it was hard to work with. Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't control the type size, and I couldn't use tab properly: it was wierd. For the longest time, My Access had such a small window, but for the last week of my practice it was enlarged and really improved the setting.

I apologize, this has been a lengthy "essay" and I will now terminate it.

-rome
Hi rome-
Don't apologize for your lengthy essay reply, it was great and will help alot of people taking this test. I took this test last July and I'm happy it's over. I agree about the My Access tool being hard to work with, I thought there was something the matter with my computer and ended up calling them. The window to type your response was so small I almost couldn't read what I had typed. I was told to change one of my monitor settings and that made it only a little better but I couldn't understand why the window was so small. It made no sense to me when I had this big area around it that could have been also utilized. But maybe they have received enough complaints that they finally changed it. Too bad you only had a week of using the bigger window. Keep us posted about your score, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I wonder why they didn't have automatic scoring?
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Rome, that's amazing feedback on the test, not only because of the content, but because of the length as well. I think I speak for many people here when I say that the more information I have about a test, the less anxiety I feel about taking it. Thanks so much!!
...I finally come across the score results to my ellusive college writing. This evening on Excelsior College Website I found in a little purple box next to the exam title a quaint and quiet "A". I screamed in amazement and joy, ran around the house terrorized my family and flipped out on the library floor.hilarious Not only have I completed this monstrous task, but this caps the requirements for my AS in Liberal Arts at Excelsior. GO GLOBES!!!!!!!!!

Since I took this test I have taken an academic break. Now I am going to have to look around to see what to do for my next two years. Even though I didn't know the results, this break has been real sweet!

Now for my warning: This test does not use intellimetric until spring 2007, if even then--so no instantaineous scores on screen. The first lady I talked to after my essay test either lied through her teeth or was completely ignorant (she told me I would know in two weeks). It has been 53 days and that's not counting the test day. So if you do need to take writing before 2007, consider going for the ECE composition; it's the same wait, but you could get 6 credit hours!

My prayers have been answered! -romehilarious hilarious
Got-
CLEP: 24 credits
dsst: 18 credits Cool
NYU: 12 credits
Excelsior's portfolio course: 3 credits
INL 102: 1 credit Cool
ECE college writing: 3 creditsBig Grin

AS on the way!!!!hilarious
rome Wrote:...I finally come across the score results to my ellusive college writing. This evening on Excelsior College Website I found in a little purple box next to the exam title a quaint and quiet "A". I screamed in amazement and joy, ran around the house terrorized my family and flipped out on the library floor.hilarious Not only have I completed this monstrous task, but this caps the requirements for my AS in Liberal Arts at Excelsior. GO GLOBES!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]Congrats from one Globe to another - Way to go!![/SIZE][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Are you sure that the grade hadn't been posted before the 53 days? The reason I ask, is because I also took the CW test a few months ago, and waited to hear what my grade was. About two weeks after I took it (or less), I HAPPENED to go to the webpage where the scores are listed for some reason, and there it was. It was a total surprise because it came through in such a short period of time....and I don't even know how long it had been there. Excelsior should be telling people that they aren't going to notify people on what their grade is for this exam - they should be telling them to check the website.
rome Wrote:...I finally come across the score results to my ellusive college writing. This evening on Excelsior College Website I found in a little purple box next to the exam title a quaint and quiet "A". I screamed in amazement and joy, ran around the house terrorized my family and flipped out on the library floor.hilarious Not only have I completed this monstrous task, but this caps the requirements for my AS in Liberal Arts at Excelsior. GO GLOBES!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! That's how I felt when got my grade!
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
tcc Wrote:Are you sure that the grade hadn't been posted before the 53 days? The reason I ask, is because I also took the CW test a few months ago, and waited to hear what my grade was. About two weeks after I took it (or less), I HAPPENED to go to the webpage where the scores are listed for some reason, and there it was. It was a total surprise because it came through in such a short period of time....and I don't even know how long it had been there. Excelsior should be telling people that they aren't going to notify people on what their grade is for this exam - they should be telling them to check the website.

Yup. Tuesday (yesterday) I got my test results and the day before that I was looking at EC Website, and even called them to tell them it had been 45 days plus. It used to be I would check the web everyday or more, and call the school every once in a while. But when it got to a month I finally stopped looking daily--but still nothing. This Monday I checked again and called and I was told that such reports were usually put out on Tuesdays. I checked that morning and afternoon: nothing. Late in the evening I gave it one more shot, and it had finally been posted.Big Grin

Thanks everyone! All your help has pulled me through!
Got-
CLEP: 24 credits
dsst: 18 credits Cool
NYU: 12 credits
Excelsior's portfolio course: 3 credits
INL 102: 1 credit Cool
ECE college writing: 3 creditsBig Grin

AS on the way!!!!hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 25,789 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP