Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
xamk Free Bachelors Degrees
They offer a several Bacherlors degrees xamk
the cost is about 6000 euro for the whole career and if you are not an European Citizen, And completely Free for European Citizen.

https://www.xamk.fi/en/degrees/bachelor-...ogy-b-eng/
You can a lot of ECT's credits and used in any US University who accept them
In this formun are a lot of international student may be this info is good for them.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 3 users Like gams007's post:
  • lucillegyl, nomaduser, Pikachu
The low/no cost common to Finnish state universities. But XAMK appears to be the most open (that I've seen) to foreigners, considering their free Open University courses.

You would need to go to Finland, though. None of their degrees are online.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • lucillegyl
(12-28-2020, 11:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The low/no cost common to Finnish state universities. But XAMK appears to be the most open (that I've seen) to foreigners, considering their free Open University courses.  

You would need to go to Finland, though. None of their degrees are online.

Well at least they are offering free ECT credits.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Yes, the free ECTS are great! I wish there was a bit more flexibility but I am thankful for what they do have.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
duration of studies: 4 years

Sorry, I can't spend 4 years in Finland Sad Also, this school is not very popular yet. No one knows about this school other than users on this forum. So I can't think of anyone who'd willing to spend his/her 4 years at this university in Finland.
I hope they'll offer an online version of this program for free. Cool
Then everyone will try to join in.
Some of XAMK's degrees are 3-3.5 years and you can cut down on that to 2-2.5 years by taking the relevant Open University courses first. But, yes, not everyone can live in Finland for several years.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-28-2020, 11:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, the free ECTS are great! I wish there was a bit more flexibility but I am thankful for what they do have.

What would be the best way to go about getting ECTS credits transferred into one of the Big Three?

Would one have to go through WES?
(02-08-2021, 12:30 PM)Zardoz Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 11:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, the free ECTS are great! I wish there was a bit more flexibility but I am thankful for what they do have.

What would be the best way to go about getting ECTS credits transferred into one of the Big Three?

Would one have to go through WES?

Yes, you would need to go through WES, ECE, or some other NACES member. I would suggest starting with ECE because they seem to be okay with accepting a digital transcript from you instead of from XAMK (XAMK will not email digital transcripts but you are allowed to download them). WES apparently will not accept transcripts from students. If you require a paper transcript to be sent, it looks like the fee for this is 30 Euros: https://www.xamk.fi/en/education/after-the-studies/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Zardoz
(12-29-2020, 12:32 AM)nomaduser Wrote: location: Mikkeli, Finland
duration of studies: 4 years

Sorry, I can't spend 4 years in Finland Sad Also, this school is not very popular yet. No one knows about this school other than users on this forum. So I can't think of anyone who'd willing to spend his/her 4 years at this university in Finland.
I hope they'll offer an online version of this program for free. Cool
Then everyone will try to join in.

I first heard of XAMK in 2019 and not from this forum, being a high school senior, considered applying, but $10k for the last year seemed excesive to me back then, and it is still now.

If only I considered applying when the first 3/4 of the degree where free and I had a lot of free time...
Sure it's mostly only attractive for those of us who are in EU/EEA. However they also have scholarships - for example, EUR 5000 if you can get Finnish B1 level exam during studies. Admittedly Finnish is not what most would could call an easy language.
Currently, the Metropolia offer, 3 years for EUR 579 for 180 ECTS in bachelor level information technology courses however might be interesting even for those outside EU/EEA.
And, for those in EU/EEA, they also might have some online Masters in Finland (via studyinfo.fi the official portal), outside of EU it's around EUR 10000 though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomas's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Limit On Degrees somechick 5 684 09-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 868 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  online Web Development degrees pluggingalong 11 1,391 02-28-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  SNHU Free Elective Suggestion chipNdale2077 4 2,292 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
  (Not free) ECTS in Business, Philosophy, and more rachel83az 1 1,017 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM
  A bachelors plan for my son jb111 26 2,026 08-29-2022, 06:58 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK access to Peppi issues wow 4 1,298 08-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free Undergraduate Degree for Texas Residents. wildebeest 8 1,859 06-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Free or inexpensive HR Certificate programs learningthehardway 7 1,216 06-02-2022, 05:37 PM
  Any cheap and easy Associates Degrees? learningthehardway 2 1,338 05-29-2022, 12:17 AM