Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving! - I'm so Thankful for This Great Forum!
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful forum friends! I'm so thankful to have found this wonderful forum 2 1/2 years ago, it has truly changed my life! The friends I have made here and the knowledge I have gained have impacted my life in so many positive ways. At this time of year when we pause to give thanks I just wanted to thank you all! This forum is a great source of inspiration and support for so many people thanks to the wonderful members who share so freely. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends! Don't eat too much turkey!
hilarious
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Grads!!!

[Image: turkey1.jpg]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I give Thanks for this Forum too. I never would have reached so far past my original goals without the help and support of this forum. I have tried other forums, but none come close to the acceptance and kindness of this forum.

I also want to be Thankful for all of the wonderful things that have happened for my family and me in the past year. 1 year ago at this time I was barely making ends meet and unsure of our future. This year I am very happy and am looking forward to a great new chapter in our life.

SmileHAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD TURKEYSmile
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I agree Lindagerr

Lindagerr Wrote:I give Thanks for this Forum too. I never would have reached so far past my original goals without the help and support of this forum. I have tried other forums, but none come close to the acceptance and kindness of this forum.

I also want to be Thankful for all of the wonderful things that have happened for my family and me in the past year. 1 year ago at this time I was barely making ends meet and unsure of our future. This year I am very happy and am looking forward to a great new chapter in our life.

SmileHAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD TURKEYSmile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Happy T-Day to everyone!!
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
Well said marianne and linda. I'm very thankful for the past year. Just about one year ago I finally quit smoking and got rid of the stress buildup with a gym membership. Then I decided to start getting my mind into shape with school...luckily I found this forum in the process and all the inspirational people here. Amazing how much better I feel now than I did a year ago.

I'm also thankful to have a steady job in this economy and a wonderful family with two bright little girls that are still a long way from being teenagers...lots to be grateful for this year Smile

Happy Thanksgiving All!

P.S. Dear Santa, I might be looking for some renewed motivation for Christmas ...these holidays really seem to throw off the study schedule.

Goal: BSBA in CIS

1[SIZE=1]20
credits required, 33 to go!
Started testing 8/8/11

SOURCE
[/SIZE]([SIZE=1]CREDITS)
Navy Nuclear Field
[/SIZE]([SIZE=1]34) - Various Credits/Classes
[/SIZE]
CLEP (39)
US History I (70) - 8/8/11 | US History II (67) - 8/22/11 | A&I Literature (70) - 9/22/11 | College Comp (61) - 9/26/11 | Macroeconomics (71) - 10/12/11 | Microeconomics (58) - 10/12/11 | Principles of Management (64) - 11/10/11 | Information Sys & Comp Apps (67) - 11/10/11
| Marketing (69) - 3/19/12 | Sociology (58) - 3/19/12 | Business Law (69) - 3/4/1[SIZE=1]3[/SIZE]

DSST (15)
Money & Banking (70) - 10/27/11
Statistics (466) - 01/30/12
HRM (63) -
03/06/12
Org Beha[SIZE=1]vor (55) - 04/03/12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Busines[SIZE=1]s E[SIZE=1]thics & Soc [/SIZE][/SIZE](447) - 03/19/13[/SIZE]

Next up: 30 days of Straighter[SIZE=1]line for Accounting I[SIZE=1], Accounting
II & Business Communication[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
:iagree: I agree with what everyone's said already. This place is great and I am SO thankful that after years of feeling bad because I was a hard worker and very serious about my career, I didn't have the piece of paper I needed. With full time job and kids, I have always had to maximize my study time and without the support and help of everyone here (and some who have graduated and moved on) I never would have made it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
We had our Afghan counterparts cook our Thanksgiving Turkey, Ham, stuffing and every other side dish you can think of, and I have to say that it was some of the best food I have ever eaten. For a people that don't eat pork, they sure do know how to cook it. Maybe I'm just saying it cuz I miss home, but it was a great meal. I hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and a great meal. Smile
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
That's great that they made you a Thanksgiving dinner CLEP101. THANK YOU for serving our country. If it weren't for our troops we might not be having a thanksgiving at all. So a big THANK YOU to all service men and women out there who risk their lives so that every fourth thursday of November we can all sit down and give thanks for the freedoms we enjoy!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 6 729 03-14-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I missed this forum 2L8 1 990 03-07-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 388 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Big Grin Happy Boxing Day!!! LevelUP 0 263 12-26-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Holidays and New Year 2022! bjcheung77 7 955 12-25-2023, 09:03 AM
  Happy Thnksgiving! Charles Fout 4 338 11-23-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Happy Halloween 2020! bjcheung77 2 935 10-31-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 665 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Big Grin Happy July 4th of 2023! LevelUP 2 458 07-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Freedom Day! sanantone 11 1,074 06-29-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone