Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you're hired
News coming from the Alleycat front. Alleycat made it through the interview process times three and was hired as a Professor of Interior Design at a major art college. I applied for this job way back in early spring and did not think much about my prospects with them after that. I start interviewing a month ago and found out yesterday I am in. So for all of you people that are out there wanting, waiting and searching sometimes these sorts of things happen when you least expect it!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Awesome! Great news first thing in the morning, so happy for you!

Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Awesome! Great news first thing in the morning, so happy for you!

Reb

Thanks a million Reb. I am now Professor Allison.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Allleycat it is awesome that others can so readily see what a unique and talented person you are. You are one of those people that truly make the world a better place. Those students will be very fortunate to have not only a very talented instructor but an awesome role model. Congrats Professor Alleycat!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Wunderbar, Professor Alleycat!!!!
That is the best news I have heard in a long time! You certainly deserve the position. You're the most helpful, caring person that I know. Your students will be lucky to have you as their teacher.
Thanks for sharing your joy.
YAY,YAY,YAY!!!!
Geezer Wrote:Allleycat it is awesome that others can so readily see what a unique and talented person you are. You are one of those people that truly make the world a better place. Those students will be very fortunate to have not only a very talented instructor but an awesome role model. Congrats Professor Alleycat!!!

Thank you Geezer.

I would like to say I got the job because I my diverse back ground. Not alot of designers have that. They just go to school for design. But honestly I really think I got that job because of my business back ground. Not alot of people in my field have that. I honestly think that a business back ground is so important in any sort of design field. It allows you to market and broadcast your ideas and make them available. I will be teaching contracts, and professional practices along with presentation

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Storyteller Wrote:Wunderbar, Professor Alleycat!!!!
That is the best news I have heard in a long time! You certainly deserve the position. You're the most helpful, caring person that I know. Your students will be lucky to have you as their teacher.
Thanks for sharing your joy.
YAY,YAY,YAY!!!!

Okay Storygirl you are gonna make me weep. Thank you Storygirl!

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Quote:I would like to say I got the job because I my diverse back ground. Not alot of designers have that. They just go to school for design. But honestly I really think I got that job because of my business back ground. Not alot of people in my field have that. I honestly think that a business back ground is so important in any sort of design field. It allows you to market and broadcast your ideas and make them available. I will be teaching contracts, and professional practices along with presentation

Your students will be very, very fortunate to have you as their instructor! Professor Alleycat! I like the sound of that!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
alleycat Wrote:Thanks a million Reb. I am now Professor Allison.

I will endeavor to properly address you from now on Professor! SmileSmileSmile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I will endeavor to properly address you from now on Professor! SmileSmileSmile

Oh Reb I really like the sound of that!!!!! I will allow you to address me in that manor. Smile

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC