Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career
so this is the only place that i really go on for interactive information.. your thoughts on the life, the death and the legacy of michael jackson..

ps what was your opinion of him while u were alive...
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
When I was young, the Jackson Five were all over the Teen Beat-type magazines. When I was a young adult, Michael Jackson was making great music and pushing forward the art of the music video. "Off The Wall" remains one of my favorite albums.

It's sad that my niece's generation only knows Michael Jackson as a punchline.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]
BSLS Excelsior College, conferred 9-09
started MS in Instructional Design program, Spring 2010

April 4 2009 through July 6 2009: 1 GRE subject exam + 1 Penn Foster credit + 11 DANTES exams = 61 credits. Average per-credit cost = $23.44.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." (Maria Robinson)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I was out this afternoon and arrived home from running errands to hear of his death on the news. I was completely shocked. I thought he would be around forever. Truely, everyone did. No one woke up this morning and thought that Michael Jackson would die today. It's when shocking things like this happen that I realize the undeniable truth of man's mortality and how fleeting life is.
Each day is a gift from God, and not a given right.
One thing I admired about Michael Jackson was how he related to people, and portrayed that through his music and dancing. That was why so many people loved him. I grew up with Michael Jackson's music, and I think I died a little inside when I heard the news.
The world will never see another man so truely influential and significant to his time and culture as Michael Jackson was. He was the top leading cultural influence for generations, as a result of his popular, outstanding award-winning songs and dances (Thriller <3), and world tour concerts. The man was a legend, and left a lasting legacy and impact on our time.
Michael Jackson certainly left his claim to fame. He will be remembered throughout future generations as the iconic legend that he was, and still remains today.
Today, I mourn the loss not only of an amazing one-of-a-kind iconic performer, but also the death of a fellow human being, one that I had often looked up to in years gone by...a soul who now meets his Creator and his future eternity, whatever that may be.
God have mercy on his soul.
Although his later years were not as productive and definitely not as radical or morally significant as his early years, he was one of the best-loved artist and greatest performers history has ever known.
Michael Jackson's sudden death today was a true loss for the entire world, and I hope that they will now view life in a different way because of it.
Michael Jackson, here's to you...you were like none other.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

~Passed: CLEP A&I Literature, Introductory Psychology, US History 1, US History 2, English Comp w/ Essay, American Literature, English Literature, Social Sciences & History, Humanities, Introductory Sociology, Human Growth & Development, Educational Psychology, Western Civilizations I,
In the queue:
CLEP-College Mathematics, Western Civilization 2, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Principles Of Management, Principles of Marketing-
Dantes: Introduction to Computing, Introduction to World Religions, Technical Writing, Principles Of Public Speaking
Michael Jackson is a legend. In the days to come you will see many thousands of mourners. I could not believe the news when I heard it; I'm sure there is more to the story than what has come out. No doubt the stressful life he has been forced to live has finally taken it's toll. He is the perfect example of what stress can truly do to a person.

Al Sharpton was speaking earlier. He said something that is very true; "hopefully history will be more kind to him than his critics have been". I just thought wow, how true is that statement.

His death will very likely be just as controversial as his life; furthermore, his poor children who have hardly gotten to know what "normal" really means......wow....what's going to happen to them? Michael tried so hard to protect them from what he feared and loved the most, "his fans and the public scrutiny".

He was a creation of our own making. It's truly a shock, a sad day, and it's hard to hear the news without crying. Honestly, it reminds me so much of when I was a young girl and the radio announced Elvis died. Later, the same scenario and feeling when Princess Diana died.

The world will mourn and in the days to come we will realize what a tragic loss this really is.

Actually, I am pretty lost for words on how to describe how I feel. Loss, sad, shocked, absolutely unreal.
creationstory Wrote:ps what was your opinion of him while u were alive...
Um, that he was...different. I've never liked rock/whatever music, so Michael Jackson never meant much to me. It is sad that he has died, though I never gave him much thought while he lived.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Ruddigore Wrote:Um, that he was...different. I've never liked rock/whatever music, so Michael Jackson never meant much to me. It is sad that he has died, though I never gave him much thought while he lived.
My thoughts exactly!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Michael who?

hilarious

Sorry, I really never paid much attention to him. In all truthfulness, since I pay so little attention to sports either, I always got he and Michael Jordan mixed up.
studyhard Wrote:Michael who?

hilarious

Sorry, I really never paid much attention to him. In all truthfulness, since I pay so little attention to sports either, I always got he and Michael Jordan mixed up.

yes he was a polarizing controversial figure. However, he was a huge part of our music history, dance and the arts.

Odd~ Maybe. But wasn't Albert Einstein, Elvis Presley, Mozart, Pierre & Marie Curie and the likes of many many iconic figures from our history. They are all legends and he is as well.
studyhard Wrote:Michael who?

hilarious

Wow... and I thought I was ignorant of pop culture. I can at least seperate those two. Wink

While I have never followed his career or life, it was still a shock to hear. I almost never listen to music other than Christian, but I've heard some of his songs and he was good. And he was a legend. It's just sad that he became such a bizarre figure later in life. I hope he was ready to meet God.
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
In the 1980's, I thought he was sooooo cool. My style and taste changed, but for me, it really was the "drug-using child-molester" issue that kept him off my family's radio. We are on vacation now, so we have a TV and he is all that's on.
It's unfortunate that he became addicted to the pain killing drugs, and it's unfortunate that those around him would rather get $$$ than love him and call him out on his behaviors.....but in the end, a body full of Oxycodone, or whatever he took, doesn't care "who" you are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Career Change - Advice Needed acamp 23 1,657 11 hours ago
Last Post: vetvso
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,143 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 696 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
Sad My Whole Life Was a Lie LevelUP 10 4,158 07-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  A Conversation About Inflation, Life Abroad, and Education Kal Di 0 547 05-31-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa Kal Di 18 1,555 05-19-2022, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,855 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  How to Minimize Inflation in Your Life Kal Di 16 1,587 03-24-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Life After Career Switch Alpha 1 700 03-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What Is The Mobility of Your Career? Kal Di 0 785 02-16-2022, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Kal Di