Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Credit for CPR at TESC? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Credit for CPR at TESC? (/Thread-Credit-for-CPR-at-TESC)

Credit for CPR at TESC? - ZsaZsa - 10-07-2010

While looking at the TESC catalog under a microscope (hoping for a stray credit) I see that they offer 1 credit for CPR certification. How do you get this? No transcript source, but I have all of my certifications going back to the dark ages (the 1980's).
And if they do take this...is it transcribed as a free elective? (Which I seem to have a surplus of- wouldn't be worth the effort if so.)

Credit for CPR at TESC? - rmroberts - 10-07-2010

That's interesting. I am CPR certified but I didn't know about that. Not that one credit is a big deal anyways. I would think it would be a free elective, but that's just my thought.

Credit for CPR at TESC? - cookderosa - 10-07-2010

ZsaZsa Wrote:While looking at the TESC catalog under a microscope (hoping for a stray credit) I see that they offer 1 credit for CPR certification. How do you get this? No transcript source, but I have all of my certifications going back to the dark ages (the 1980's).
And if they do take this...is it transcribed as a free elective? (Which I seem to have a surplus of- wouldn't be worth the effort if so.)

It would for sure be a free elective unless your degree required it. I'd be curious what they use for verification- and if it has to be a certain type of CPR for it to count.

Credit for CPR at TESC? - burbuja0512 - 10-07-2010

WOW.. that would be really cool. Yes I know... just one credit but I somehow really enjoy finding easy college credit, even if it's only one.

Many employers offer a once a year CPR course. Both my current and former employers offered this. I let my certification lapse, but if your employer doesn't offer the course, they may be convinced to if you have some connections. After all, it's in their interest to have many people in the office certified.

I found the CPR course to be interesting and doing at work = paid time to do something different.

Credit for CPR at TESC? - ZsaZsa - 10-07-2010

what I saw in the catalogue was:
"HEA 198 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation" and specifies American Red Cross Standards. I have a question in to TESC as to how we can obtain this credit, and will post it when/if they get back with me.

Credit for CPR at TESC? - ZsaZsa - 10-13-2010

I got an answer to SOME of my questions...but while the advisor told me that I did not need this credit, he did not answer my questions about how to acquire it! If someone else wants to try, I would still like to know what they require for documentation.

Credit for CPR at TESC? - jackzack87 - 10-15-2010

It may need to be NJ certification.

I am a NYS certified EMT. Complete with current BSL/healthcare provider CPR. I sent my notarized certification to TESC but was rejected because they only accept NJ licenses. Otherwise, that is worth 4 credits.