Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Excelsior or Charter Oak? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Excelsior or Charter Oak? (/Thread-Excelsior-or-Charter-Oak)

Pages: 1 2

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - Bongsau - 03-13-2007

I chose Charter Oak because my credits transferred best to thier school, they returned my phone calls/emails very quickly, and it is a Category 4 school (you can get federal financial aid for Charter Oak).

Exelsior has named majors, which I would have preferred, but they are only a Category 3 school (which means that they didn't meet certain academic standards in order to recieve federal funding for tuition). I was worried that this, coupled with the fact that they have changed their name a few times already might spell trouble in the future. I hope this is not the case, but it was a concern in my mind at the decision-making moment.

I finished with Charter Oak and will graduate on March 31. I have been extremely happy with the service I've recieved here. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't care whether they have a named major or not.

My $.02

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - sgloer - 03-14-2007

Lifetime Student Wrote:I should be promoted by the fall of this year.

Hey Mike, nice work on Captain. That should have a nice ring to it! Smile

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - carlosamador2006 - 04-23-2007

I am still cleping out of classes but I really need to decide between Excelsior and Charter Oak. I am going to have my major in computer science haven't really ran across anyone else that got a BS from Excelsior as well I would like to finish so that I can begin working on my masters at Universtiy of Houston by next fall. And while its not my BA or BS - I will be completing the requirements for my AA from my local community college. I'll be the first from my family Smile

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - Papa Georgia - 04-24-2007

Here is an unbiased opinion. Choose my Alma Mater.hilarious

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - ShotoJuku - 04-24-2007

carlosamador2006 Wrote:I am still cleping out of classes but I really need to decide between Excelsior and Charter Oak. I am going to have my major in computer science haven't really ran across anyone else that got a BS from Excelsior as well I would like to finish so that I can begin working on my masters at Universtiy of Houston by next fall. And while its not my BA or BS - I will be completing the requirements for my AA from my local community college. I'll be the first from my family Smile

[SIZE="3"]Have you compiled a list of Pros & Cons for both schools yet? Perhaps that will help you make a decision.

Sorry I cannot offer you my own"unbiasEd & objeCtive" suggestion...... :o[/SIZE]

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - needhelpasap1 - 04-24-2007

U are just wonderful . I love the way you wrote that in . I see the EC. U go then hilarious !!!!lol

Excelsior or Charter Oak? - Librevore - 04-24-2007

ShotoJuku Wrote:Sorry I cannot offer you my own"unbiasEd & objeCtive" suggestion...... :o

Hahahahahahah! Very funny! hilarious