Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? (/Thread-Anyone-studying-for-two-exams-at-the-same-time)

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - Trajan - 03-13-2007

Is anyone studying for two exams at the same time? I am trying to speed up my progress and I was considering doing this....

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - decall - 03-13-2007

I tried it early in January. I managed to pass 6 or so in a few weeks. ... But I failed one.. by one point..

I think it is fine to do, students in traditional college do it all the time. Just make sure that you are very comfortable with every subject you are studying before you test. I became overconfident in one and misjudged my familiarity with the other.

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - bceagles - 03-13-2007

Not me....I'm a one at a time exam taker.....The way I look at it is: I can't take more than 3 exams a week, if you space them out equally you get a few days straight prep for each exam.

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - dhlvrsn - 03-13-2007

I'll only do it if the two exams are related or if there is a very easy exam. There are a lot of threads that point out great ways to sequence different exams that build on one another. For instance take the Biology CLEP and then the Natural Science CLEP which is 50% Biology. This will help streamline your study plan. The beauty of testing is that you don't have to take classes in order. For instance I took the Accounting, Marketing, and Management CLEPS and then took Intro to Business DSST with almost no prep. Zero study time for three credit hours is pretty efficient.

The best advise it to never take a test that you don't feel ready for. Remember the tortoise and the hare...

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - ShotoJuku - 03-13-2007

dhlvrsn Wrote:I'll only do it if the two exams are related....

[SIZE="2"]Agreed! I believe that the entire series of Sociology, Psych, Ed Psych, and HG&D could possibly be studied for all at once or at least no less than 2 at a time.[/SIZE]

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - skwiggey - 03-13-2007

Marketing and Management could be paired together ok.

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - mapalo - 03-13-2007

I am also trying for the first time to study for Human Growth and Into to Psychology at the same time, I plan on taking the exams on the same day after I come from Vacation. I hope it works for me
Mapalo

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - pitbull30 - 03-13-2007

dhlvrsn Wrote:There are a lot of threads that point out great ways to sequence different exams that build on one another. For instance take the Biology CLEP and then the Natural Science CLEP which is 50% Biology. This will help streamline your study plan. The beauty of testing is that you don't have to take classes in order. For instance I took the Accounting, Marketing, and Management CLEPS and then took Intro to Business DSST with almost no prep. Zero study time for three credit hours is pretty efficient.

Can anyone reference a post that has previously covered a good strategy for sequencing exams? Or if any of you would care to type them out for the new guys off the top of your head?

Thanks!

Anyone studying for two exams at the same time? - soltran - 03-13-2007

G'day,

I have sat 10 exams successfully to date and I always take 2 tests at a time, generally every two weeks. This is for no other reason than I have to take an afternoon off work to take a test and due to travel I would lose the same amount of time whether doing 1 test or 2 so to reduce the overall lost work time I go for the 2 tests.

As for how I decide on which two tests I generally opt for one that requires (in my mind) more preparation and one that is pretty much a no-brainer. For example, I knew that Statistics was going to require some work but didn't expect Principles of Management to require a lot of prep so I paired those together. You can basically tell from my sig which tests I did together as they appear basically in order of completion.

From what I have seen and read, there are advantages to pairing similar tests such as Principles of Management, Principles of Supervision etc but I feel that for me to stay on schedule I am better off keeping these separate. If I need to prepare for Management then it would be likely that I would need to prepare less for Supervision if I have already completed the Management tests so I can afford to pair Supervision with a tests that requires more prep time because the groundwork has already been done. By approaching it this way I am hoping that I am not left with tests that require similarly large amounts of prep time otherwise I may have to reduce my test taking to only one test a day.

I am not sure if this is of any help to anyone else but it has worked for me so far.

Regards