Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: 10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 (/Thread-10-ESE-s-have-also-been-reduced-to-95)

Pages: 1 2

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - norema - 07-26-2011

World Population

Research Methods in Psychology

Social Psychology

Psychology of Adulthood & Aging

Introduction to Macroeconomics

Introduction to Microeconomics

Human Resource Management

Labor Relations

Organizational Behavior

Pathophysiology

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - Merlin - 07-26-2011

Wow, nice. Handy since at least 4 of those are on my list. Smile

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - onthecob - 07-28-2011

ESE?

I'm new to this...What exactly is an ESE?

Thanks, reading as many threads as possible...so much to learn.

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - HorseManiac - 07-28-2011

onthecob Wrote:ESE?

I'm new to this...What exactly is an ESE?

Thanks, reading as many threads as possible...so much to learn.

I think they meant ECE which stands for Excelsior College Examination. Smile

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - Merlin - 07-28-2011

HorseManiac Wrote:I think they meant ECE which stands for Excelsior College Examination. Smile
That seems to be a fairly common letter translation for some reason so I just assumed that was the case here as well. Smile

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - dewisant - 07-29-2011

This one still seems to be in limbo. Is it 2 or 3 hours and is it upper or lower credits?

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - dewisant - 08-12-2011

dewisant Wrote:This one still seems to be in limbo. Is it 2 or 3 hours and is it upper or lower credits?

Excelsior has informed me that the 2 hour version of ECE World Population has been reduced to lower level credit.

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - podmates7 - 08-12-2011

and the $95 isn't a promotional fee - it's the new price for these exams. The practice exams for the 2 hr. exams are now $25 and last 1 hr., instead of 2. Good for me too; I have 4 on that list.

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - NAP - 08-12-2011

dewisant Wrote:Excelsior has informed me that the 2 hour version of ECE World Population has been reduced to lower level credit.

Thanks for the update. I think that will be disappointing news for some students. Overall, though, I hope this will be a positive change for other ECE options.

10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95 - undecided - 08-12-2011

But TESC will still transcribe it as an upper level course. I called and was asked to email the information about the changes. Below is the correspondance:

Quote:I have attached the EC User’s Guide pdf. On page 31 there is a note at the bottom of the page regarding the World Population credit designation change. It is too late to take the longer exam for upper credit. Interestingly, they have not changed the upper/lower designation for the other shortened exams. If you could forward information to me about how these ECE exams transfer to TESC, it would help ever so much in my planning. I have found the information regarding CLEP and DSST equivalents, but not ECE. Is it safe to assume that the 100 –400 levels would transfer in the same manner?

and I received this reply the following day:

Quote:The registrar’s office has confirmed that the World Population exam TESC equivalency would be SOC-318 World Populations, which is an upper level course.