Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
BA Blues - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: BA Blues (/Thread-BA-Blues--1437)

BA Blues - vbmith - 04-11-2007

Hello, (this is my 1st post so bear with me).

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree and applied to medical school.
I received a call back telling me that I can not be accepted because I the school I went to was only nationally accredited and not regionally accredited:mad: .
Needless to say i was and still am upset that I never knew about the difference between accreditations. The medical school said they were impressed with me but can not accept me unless I have a regional BA.
Reading up on the forum I have formulated several plans but would appreciate your input.

Plan #1: Earn 120 credits

I have 40 cr from a regionally accredited college. Take 35 Fema credits, 16 NYU Language credits, 6 Eng Clep. A total of 97 +?? credits.

Plan #2: Portfolio Assesment

Have my studies at the nationally accredited college evaluated and earn my degree. Not sure how good this option is considering I need my degree by Aug.

Possible plan #3 (hybrid of plan 1 and 2):

Use the portfolio assessment to complete the 23 credits that I still need to complete. This helps me because I do not have many upper level credits and my credits would be evaluated as upper level.

I have been amazed with what some of you have come up with and would appreciate any help
One more point I still need to earn 1 more credit in either computers or math
and would like to know the simplest way to earn the credit

BA Blues - ShotoJuku - 04-11-2007

[SIZE="2"]What school did you graduate from?? Depending on which, you may be able to have your credits accepted at an RA school.[/SIZE]

BA Blues - vbmith - 04-11-2007

The schhol I am applying to is pretty strict, they told me that they would not honor any credits obtained through a nationally accredited college, even if it is transfered to a regionally accredited college.

BA Blues - mapalo - 04-11-2007

Which school did you graduate from?

BA Blues - iwannapass - 04-11-2007

what about the GRE? You can get up to 30 credits I think with the one test.

BA Blues - vbmith - 04-12-2007

I graduated from Ner Israel Rabbinical College with a BA in talmudic law.

BA Blues - sgloer - 04-12-2007

This sounds like a question where you'd probably get more knowledgeable response at degreeinfo.com.

One problem is, I don't know how fast you'd have to complete your degree at one of the online colleges for you to get a degree by August--i.e. there's probably at least a couple of months lag between the time you finish and submit your credits to the time you get the actual diploma.

BA Blues - ShotoJuku - 04-12-2007

vbmith Wrote:I graduated from Ner Israel Rabbinical College with a BA in talmudic law.

[SIZE="2"]Just who are they accredited by?[/SIZE]

BA Blues - vbmith - 04-17-2007

AARTS , theological not military

CHEA • Directory of Faith-Based Accrediting Organizations