Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Russian History Results Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Russian History Results Anyone? (/Thread-Russian-History-Results-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2

Russian History Results Anyone? - RBOWMAN - 03-03-2006

Moving right along in the world of "upper level courses"..has anyone tested out of this course yet. I can't help but, believe that alot of us will be taking this to satisfy course requirements. Stories, hints, ideas, prayers{!}, and suggestions are extremely welcome.

Russian History Results Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 03-03-2006

I will be taking the DANTES Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union exam as soon as I complete the DANTES Civil War and Reconstruction exam. I am taking both to complete my UPPER level credits and depth requirement in history.

Here are the study materials that I have:

The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire by Raymond Pearson (Amazon-USED)

Soviet Politics 1917-1991 by Mary McAuley (Amazon-USED)

The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - VHS tapes (Amazon-USED)

DANTES (Rudman's) Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (http://www.passbooks.com or AMAZON)

.......and many many PRAYERS too!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Russian History Results Anyone? - RBOWMAN - 03-03-2006

Let us know how you do and what study tools were most helpful. Good luck with all your tests!

Russian History Results Anyone? - lspahn - 03-03-2006

I slipped by this one using only Wikipedia

One note...the outline says that you dont need anything before 1917, but go all the way back to 1890. I had a big section on pre-revolution activities and actions of the govt. I think that really drove my score down

ALot of Lenin, Stalin, and Kruzchev, very little of the latter leaders, although know the Bereznif(spell) doctrine about coming to the aid of communist govts.

Russian History Results Anyone? - ChrisM - 03-13-2006

I took the test today and I will agree with Ispahn here. Sorry I didn't use the flash card as I've just joined.

Know some of the famous Russian defectors and writers.

It's about 100 questions.

Russian History Results Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 03-28-2006

RBOWMAN Wrote:Moving right along in the world of "upper level courses"..has anyone tested out of this course yet. I can't help but, believe that alot of us will be taking this to satisfy course requirements. Stories, hints, ideas, prayers{!}, and suggestions are extremely welcome.

[SIZE="4"]Any new thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on ths one?[/SIZE]

Russian History Results Anyone? - RBOWMAN - 03-28-2006

ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Any new thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on ths one?[/SIZE]
Thursday at one o'clock I'll travel up to the U of Texas at Arlington and test out on this subject. I awake at 5am each morning and study for 8 hours a day till then. Hopefully, that will be enough!

Russian History Results Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 03-28-2006

RBOWMAN Wrote:Thursday at one o'clock I'll travel up to the U of Texas at Arlington and test out on this subject. I awake at 5am each morning and study for 8 hours a day till then. Hopefully, that will be enough!

[SIZE="3"]GOOD LUCK - Let us know how you did!![/SIZE]

Russian History Results Anyone? - Redleg143 - 03-29-2006

Just recieved my test results for Civil War and Reconstruction and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union:

Civil War= 70

Soviet Union= 58

Both passing scores thanks to Instacert. I used Instacert almost exclusively for the Soviet Union test with the exception of a thin Sparknotes guide that only covered the Russion Revolution. For the Civil War I used two Sparknotes guides and Instacert. Instacert is the BOMB!

Russian History Results Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 03-29-2006

Redleg143 Wrote:Just recieved my test results for Civil War and Reconstruction and Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union:

Civil War= 70

Soviet Union= 58

Both passing scores thanks to Instacert. I used Instacert almost exclusively for the Soviet Union test with the exception of a thin Sparknotes guide that only covered the Russion Revolution. For the Civil War I used two Sparknotes guides and Instacert. Instacert is the BOMB!

[SIZE="4"]WAY TO GO RedLeg!!!!![/SIZE]