Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? (/Thread-What-Masters-programs-are-a-good-fit-to-transfer-to-from-TESC)

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - Doctor H - 04-27-2012

Hello People,

I'm looking to earn a Masters in Education after the Homeland Security BS. from TESC.

What are the best options in terms of price, credit transferability, and ease of graduating?

How is TESC's Masters program???

Thanx in advance.

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - rebel100 - 04-27-2012

What is the end goal?

WNMU has an education concentration within the Master of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies.....and you could also continue with Criminal Justice, Business, or Political Science within that same degree.

Morningside College has an interesting Master of Arts- Teaching that could be completed cheap and fast id you took 18 self paced credits through VESI....it requires you to be a certified teacher though.....but its like $5K

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - Doctor H - 04-30-2012

My end goal is a doctorate in education.

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - sanantone - 05-01-2012

One of the cheapest programs I have found is at the American College of Education. Their programs are just under $7,000. There are too many cheap graduate degrees in education to list.

Online Degree Search Results: 1316 Accredited Online Masters Degree Programs | GetEducated.com

If you don't mind the evangelical aspect of Liberty University, their tuition rates are pretty reasonable and they have an Ed.S and Ed.D program. Liberty also accepts NA credits.

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - bella2011 - 05-01-2012

anyone know of paths to being a certified teacher? any suggestions

i will also research

rebel100 Wrote:What is the end goal?

WNMU has an education concentration within the Master of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies.....and you could also continue with Criminal Justice, Business, or Political Science within that same degree.

Morningside College has an interesting Master of Arts- Teaching that could be completed cheap and fast id you took 18 self paced credits through VESI....it requires you to be a certified teacher though.....but its like $5K

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - IrishJohn - 05-01-2012

bella2011 Wrote:anyone know of paths to being a certified teacher? any suggestions

i will also research

Check with your state education department. Many have a "Career Switcher" program. In Virginia all you need is a bachelors degred, passa couple of exams and complete a 16 week program to start. Still a good idea to get a masters later though.

What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - AlbaTiVo - 05-01-2012

I believe that Western Governors University helps you with getting your Masters and license concurrently:

Master Degree in Elementary Education with Teaching Licensure | WGU Teachers College Online

RE: What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - RANSOMSOUL - 09-22-2017

Including this share here because the OP mentioned an end goal of Doctorate in Education.

I started an application with ACE as I have with a few other schools in an effort to move forward with a doctorate. This was my process with my masters and it made it a lot easier when I was finally ready because then I had a group of schools ready for me as well. ACE now has been, let's just say 'very eager' to get me over the finish line. The series of calls and emails have been entertaining because I know we all have our jobs to do and I respect their efforts. For those not into getting calls, think that through prior to starting the process with ACE because they really really want you to be part of the ACE family Smile

RE: What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - dfrecore - 09-22-2017

I think TESU is way too expensive, compared to a lot of other options (they are $668/cr x 36cr = $24,048). There are so many other less expensive ways to get this degree.

Not sure how good it is, but Capella has a FlexPath degree for the M.Ed - $2300/3-mo quarter.

RE: What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? - sanantone - 09-23-2017

This thread is over five years old, so there are more options now! If there are things we have plenty of, they are MBAs and masters in education. GetEducated has lists for multiple areas of education. Some of the cheapest ones are at Fort Hays State University and Arkansas State University.

https://www.geteducated.com/