Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Passed 1st CLEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Passed 1st CLEP (/Thread-Passed-1st-CLEP--15443)

Pages: 1 2

Passed 1st CLEP - gnpine - 05-24-2012

Passed US History II with a 64 today
I pretty much only used InstantCert, and that only for about 2-2.5 weeks of on and off study between 12 hr. days at work
there's nothing like the high of seeing a passing score on the screen at the end haha

i like it, i love it, i want some more of it - tim mcgraw

Passed 1st CLEP - HorseManiac - 05-24-2012

Good job! That's a great score! What will your next test be?

Passed 1st CLEP - Publius - 05-24-2012

Welcome abord! Know that feeling all to well! hilarious

BTW, excellent score! That's one to be proud of, especially when considering 2 weeks of study with 12 hours of work/day!!

Passed 1st CLEP - CLEP101 - 05-24-2012

gnpine Wrote:Passed US History II with a 64 today
I pretty much only used InstantCert, and that only for about 2-2.5 weeks of on and off study between 12 hr. days at work
there's nothing like the high of seeing a passing score on the screen at the end haha

Congrats and Excellent score! I remember the good old days when I took my first one and then I was hooked.

HorseManiac Wrote:Good job! That's a great score! What will your next test be?

Actually not sure what/when my next test will be; I haven’t mapped out my degree yet... I needed History to wrap up high-school. Are you using CollegePlus or a similar service to figure out what tests are needed for which majors etc? Or are you still on general ed classes?

Passed 1st CLEP - HorseManiac - 05-24-2012

gnpine Wrote:Actually not sure what/when my next test will be; I haven’t mapped out my degree yet... I needed History to wrap up high-school. Are you using CollegePlus or a similar service to figure out what tests are needed for which majors etc? Or are you still on general ed classes?

No, I'm not using CollegePlus or anything like that. To map out my degree I just read on the forum and looked at other members plans. Then I took the equivalent list from TESC since that's who I'm planning on going with. Not sure who you are looking at, but here is the TESC link. I just filled in the degree plan. Anytime I had questions I asked someone on the forum usually someone working towards the same degree, but not always. If you want someone to look it over, you can post it here when you're done. I'm not an expert by any means, but if you are doing anything with finance or history and you have a question, I can try my best to help. Just send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

Passed 1st CLEP - TayTay - 05-24-2012

Congrats! :hurray: Many blessings!

HorseManiac Wrote:No, I'm not using CollegePlus or anything like that. To map out my degree I just read on the forum and looked at other members plans. Then I took the equivalent list from TESC since that's who I'm planning on going with. Not sure who you are looking at, but here is the TESC link. I just filled in the degree plan. Anytime I had questions I asked someone on the forum usually someone working towards the same degree, but not always. If you want someone to look it over, you can post it here when you're done. I'm not an expert by any means, but if you are doing anything with finance or history and you have a question, I can try my best to help. Just send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

ok - cool, i'll check out the link
thx

Passed 1st CLEP - Prloko - 05-25-2012

gnpine Wrote:Passed US History II with a 64 today

i like it, i love it, i want some more of it - tim mcgraw

CLEP is like a drug, once you start, its hard to stop. Nothing like instant gratification!

Passed 1st CLEP - PonyGirl93 - 05-25-2012

Congratulations! That's fantastic. And I'm with HorseManiac... It's so easy to map out your degree! Just take a look at the TESC degree plans and start filling in ones that you KNOW would work (ie. CLEP Humanities for the Humanities requirements), then do forum searches to find the rest... If it has not already been asked on here, ask it!

Best of luck!