Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Obama's America 2016 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Obama's America 2016 (/Thread-Obama-s-America-2016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Obama's America 2016 - quasarvs - 09-09-2012

So has anyone on here seen the new movie: Obama's America 2016?
If so, what did you think of it?

Obama's America 2016 - submissiongrappler - 09-22-2012

I did. It showed me all the things I already knew. We shall what happens in November.

Obama's America 2016 - OE800_85 - 09-23-2012

It currently has a 29% rating on rottentomatoes. So, strictly speaking as a film, it seems quite bad. Usually documentaries get favorable reviews, so it doesn't look positive.

Politically? It seems like a lot of desperate "gotcha" reporting that fails to address the real issues. Much like the republican campaign releasing a sound byte from 1998 where obama said he supported distribution. That was in response to the video being leaked of Romney in May saying 47% of americans are lazy, bloodsucking freeloaders who will never vote for him.

The republican party is in dire straits, it doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you're on, they're screwed. It's got to be one of the worst campaigns in modern history. Worse than Palin.

Obama's America 2016 - gnpine - 09-24-2012

OE800_85 Wrote:It currently has a 29% rating on rottentomatoes. So, strictly speaking as a film, it seems quite bad. Usually documentaries get favorable reviews, so it doesn't look positive.

Politically? It seems like a lot of desperate "gotcha" reporting that fails to address the real issues. Much like the republican campaign releasing a sound byte from 1998 where obama said he supported distribution. That was in response to the video being leaked of Romney in May saying 47% of americans are lazy, bloodsucking freeloaders who will never vote for him.

The republican party is in dire straits, it doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you're on, they're screwed. It's got to be one of the worst campaigns in modern history. Worse than Palin.

Did you even watch it?

I am far from being a "loyal Republican". Romney 'bout makes me sick. Ryan, I can deal with. But this election is about kicking Obama out before he destroys this country. The point of the movie was that 'we really don't KNOW much about Obama!' I mean where did this guy come from? Who were his mentors? Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Not to mention Obama's utter incompetency in economic and national security situations. I heard he had two birdies on the back 9 the other day though . . . not bad, Mr. President.

Obama's America 2016 - OtherSyde - 09-24-2012

I've heard of this documentary, but probably won't bother to watch it for two reasons; One, it has crappy reviews and seems to be partisan, and Two, it looks like Obama's going to win the election either way at this point, given that Mr. CEO Romney and his gaggle of religious fanatics that are (sadly) bringing down the Grand Old Party right now have largely sunk themselves through their repeated public fumbles. Even Romney releasing his summarized/edited tax returns at this point seems like far too little, far too late. If they hadn't bungled the campaign so badly and had remained unified on key points, it wouldn't have even been very hard for them to beat our current Commander in Chief, given all the controversey surrounding his economic/leadership abilities. He's not gonna win this becuase he's JUST THAT AWESOME, he's going to win it because the wrong people hijacked the GOP and failed to give America a legitimate alternative.

Obama's America 2016 - OE800_85 - 09-24-2012

Well, I suppose it would start a whole new discussion, but Obama is simply re-instating the policies that existed under Bill Clinton. I'm talking about the golden years of america, where there was actually a surplus. Where the debt was actually reduced. Republican economics stopped working in the 80s, if you ask me.

Obama's America 2016 - submissiongrappler - 09-25-2012

OE800_85 Wrote:Well, I suppose it would start a whole new discussion, but Obama is simply re-instating the policies that existed under Bill Clinton. I'm talking about the golden years of america, where there was actually a surplus. Where the debt was actually reduced. Republican economics stopped working in the 80s, if you ask me.

I have no idea what you mean by "republican economics" but it is Congress who makes economical policies, not the President. 104th, 105th, and 106th of Congress was controlled by the Republicans. This is when this "surplus" was at its utmost high. Furthermore, we had a surplus from '97 to '01. Then we went to war.

Obama's America 2016 - contactmail - 09-25-2012

gnpine Wrote:Did you even watch it?

I am far from being a "loyal Republican". Romney 'bout makes me sick. Ryan, I can deal with. But this election is about kicking Obama out before he destroys this country. The point of the movie was that 'we really don't KNOW much about Obama!' I mean where did this guy come from? Who were his mentors? Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Not to mention Obama's utter incompetency in economic and national security situations. I heard he had two birdies on the back 9 the other day though . . . not bad, Mr. President.

If Romney "bout makes [you] sick," then you should not vote for him, because if he wins you better hope your sickness is not considered a pre-existing condition.

I can't believe people still believe that Obama is a "Manchurian Candidate" who was brainwashed by communists, terrorist, Muslim extremist so once elected he can act on his sinister goals and destroy America. All this dumb stuff didn't work in 2008 and it is not going to work in 2012.

Gov. Mitt Romeny will not destory this country and neither will President Obama. If you still don't believe that, well I got news for you... Obama is ALREADY president and, last I checked, the country is still here! If you really think he will destroy America please give us specific examples of things he has done in the last four years to start us on the sure path to America's destruction.

I also think he has handled "national security situations" very well but I'm not sure exactly what you are refering to so I won't comment about that.

Obama's America 2016 - Publius - 09-25-2012

Obama is inept. We better hope he doesn't win the election -- think of the mess he'd inherit this time. Confusedmilelol:
Romney just happens to be not as inept. Don't think he'll be much better, but he won't be as bad.

Obama's America 2016 - contactmail - 09-25-2012

Publius Wrote:Obama is inept. We better hope he doesn't win the election -- think of the mess he'd inherit this time. Confusedmilelol:
Romney just happens to be not as inept. Don't think he'll be much better, but he won't be as bad.

Fascinating!