Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
One down, one to go. - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: One down, one to go. (/Thread-One-down-one-to-go)

One down, one to go. - Bunbu - 09-11-2012

All this time I couldn't decide between a degree in communications and one in Computer Science. To be honest I love computers and programming but I hate the frantic pace in which the industry moves. My skills are outdated every couple of years so I'm forced to reevaluate my knowledge in order to keep up with the rest of the industry. On the other hand, I always thought that the Liberal Arts (although very underrated by today’s trade-specific education) provide the individual with those think-outside-the-box tools that employers appreciate but often overlook when the resume does not show a quantifiable degree.

Well, without planning it (or maybe at a subconscious level) I just realized I have completed an AA in Communications and I’m 6 classes away from a BA in Computer Science. I thought for the last three years I was procrastinating every time I switched majors from computers to communications and back when in reality I was succumbing to my degree bipolarity disorder. If only I had applied myself I’d probably be on a Master’s right now but the beauty of the Big 3 is that I was able to complete an AA, be on my way to a Bachelor’s, work full time, not miss a single minute of my wonderful family, and avoid debt.

One down, one to go. - johnami - 09-11-2012

Bunbu Wrote:All this time I couldn't decide between a degree in communications and one in Computer Science. To be honest I love computers and programming but I hate the frantic pace in which the industry moves. My skills are outdated every couple of years so I'm forced to reevaluate my knowledge in order to keep up with the rest of the industry. On the other hand, I always thought that the Liberal Arts (although very underrated by today’s trade-specific education) provide the individual with those think-outside-the-box tools that employers appreciate but often overlook when the resume does not show a quantifiable degree.

Well, without planning it (or maybe at a subconscious level) I just realized I have completed an AA in Communications and I’m 6 classes away from a BA in Computer Science. I thought for the last three years I was procrastinating every time I switched majors from computers to communications and back when in reality I was succumbing to my degree bipolarity disorder. Should I really applied myself I’d probably be on a Master’s right now but the beauty of the Big 3 is that[B] I was able to complete an AA, be on my way to a Bachelor’s, work full time, not miss a single minute of my wonderful family, and avoid debt.[/B]

And it doesn't get much better than that. Congrats in advance!

One down, one to go. - marianne202 - 09-11-2012

Great job! BTW, this is the perfect support group for your educational disorder!

One down, one to go. - alleycat - 09-11-2012

Hey Girl,

It all works out the right way. Amazing how this all panned out for you. I am sooooo happy for you.

Love Alleycat

One down, one to go. - NAP - 09-11-2012

That's great! Congratulations Bunbu!

And so funny, Marianne!