Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? (/Thread-Does-the-subscribe-function-work-on-degree-forum)

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - andrewtn - 06-11-2013

I've subscribed to numerous threads over the past month and selected to be emailed updates. I've never received a single email. Does anyone else get emailed updates?

Maybe my account isn't configured properly or the functionality just doesn't work.

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - Westerner - 06-11-2013

On the DF home page, on the dark blue bar on top of the page, click "Quick Links." You'll be able to choose "subscribed threads" from the drop down menu, and a page will come up listing them. Next to each thread is a box. You select the ones you want to be emailed about and click the "selected threads" button (the one with a downwards pointing arrow next to it). There you can select options about when you want to get emails. I think the default setting is "subscribe through user control panel only," which doesn't send you emails. So it could be on that setting right now.

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - andrewtn - 06-11-2013

I'm not sure if it changed anything but I selected all the boxes and chose instant email so we'll see. Thanks

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - cookderosa - 06-11-2013

andrewtn Wrote:I've subscribed to numerous threads over the past month and selected to be emailed updates. I've never received a single email. Does anyone else get emailed updates?

Maybe my account isn't configured properly or the functionality just doesn't work.

Uhhh.... I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm not good with details lol. I will say that the way I get updated, is when I open the page, I click the "what's new" option, and it used to take me to the new posts- now it takes me to the activity feed first, and I have to select new posts (not sure why that changed after all these years) but that's how I'm able to read every new post every day. (or I try to anyway)
Oh, so I forgot to add, that I'll see any thread I'd previously posted in on that list by a green arrow <-- and so I know that there may be a question or comment in there. I didn't know about subscribing lol.

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - Westerner - 06-11-2013

You're welcome, Andrewtn!

@Cookderosa, I like those options too. Smile When you open each of the 5 main forums, you see threads with new posts are dark blue as opposed to the light blue of threads without any new posts. That's how I check for new posts, now that clicking "What's new?" doesn't bring up all threads with new posts. (I did like the old way too Sad)

Does the "subscribe" function work on degree forum? - cookderosa - 06-11-2013

Westerner Wrote:You're welcome, Andrewtn!

@Cookderosa, I like those options too. Smile When you open each of the 5 main forums, you see threads with new posts are dark blue as opposed to the light blue of threads without any new posts. That's how I check for new posts, now that clicking "What's new?" doesn't bring up all threads with new posts. (I did like the old way too Sad)

Are you sure not all posts are brought up? I do know that by clicking "what's new" I see everything new since my last visit. So, let's say I see 7 threads but don't open them. Later, when I return, those 7 will NOT be among my new "what's new" threads unless someone has posted. I'm pretty sure I see everything that way, and I never open a sub-forum directly, all posts appear as a collection on my main page. Now you have me curious, I'm going to poke around and see if I've missed anything.