Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
LinkedIn Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: LinkedIn Anyone? (/Thread-LinkedIn-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2 3

LinkedIn Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 10-04-2013

[COLOR="#000080"] Hello All,

I have recently begun to construct a LinkedIn page to help me promote my professional interests for both my present and future goals. I thought that perhaps many of you may already be doing the same and/or already have a LinkedIn page and invite any that do to join a new group that I have put together featuring the Degree Forum - InstantCert Academy. Please take a look and come join "OUR" LinkedIn group helping to spread the word about InstantCert and helping others students make their degree dreams turn into degree realities!
[/COLOR]

Click Link Here ---> Degree Forum - InstantCert Academy | LinkedIn

LinkedIn Anyone? - cookderosa - 10-04-2013

Ughhhh..... I started to create a profile a while back- just enough that I'm now in the database. As a result, I get tons of requests to join other people's networks. I've never been back since that initial day, I hope my friends don't hate me, I don't think they do, but I just can't keep up with it all! Smile

LinkedIn Anyone? - rebel100 - 10-04-2013

I have a reasonably tricked out entry, nearly 500 contacts, plenty of endorsements, etc... Hasn't really done anything for me. I've gotten more job leads from Facebook.

LinkedIn Anyone? - sanantone - 10-05-2013

rebel100 Wrote:I have a reasonably tricked out entry, nearly 500 contacts, plenty of endorsements, etc... Hasn't really done anything for me. I've gotten more job leads from Facebook.

I've gotten more jobs off of Craigslist.

LinkedIn Anyone? - ShotoJuku - 10-05-2013

cookderosa Wrote:Ughhhh..... I started to create a profile a while back- just enough that I'm now in the database. As a result, I get tons of requests to join other people's networks. I've never been back since that initial day, I hope my friends don't hate me, I don't think they do, but I just can't keep up with it all! Smile

Perhaps you should add "successful author" to your profile!! Big Grin

LinkedIn Anyone? - Lindagerr - 10-05-2013

I have a linkedIn profile but not many contacts or referrals. My husband has a very full profile and over 600 contacts. He is in his current position because his boss read his LinkedIn profile liked what he saw and persued him. I never would have thought I would move north, but the offer was to good to refuse. Of course LinkedIn didn't get him the job but it did bring him into the spotlight

LinkedIn Anyone? - burbuja0512 - 10-06-2013

I get recruiters from LinkedIn contacting me at least once a month. Don't get me wrong, they're not always good jobs, but some aren't half bad. Also, at my previous company, when I was in charge of hiring for my department, I routinely scoured LinkedIn for potential candidates when the pool of resumes wasn't very good. I definitely think it's an important part of professional life, at least in my field.

My only question regarding the group is that I worry that people will look at my profile and question the validity of my undergrad.... So, I want to join the group but it makes me a bit nervous. Sorry to say this Shotojuku!!! I think it's a great idea, especially because I would really like to connect with other forum members, but it worries me a little. Do you know if there is a way to keep a group 100% private? Thanks!!

LinkedIn Anyone? - cookderosa - 10-06-2013

ShotoJuku Wrote:Perhaps you should add "successful author" to your profile!! Big Grin

LOL I think you have to sell a few more copies than I do to obtain that esteemed title. Smile I'm just a mom sharing resources and put it in print, I'm definitely not a writer, even if I did end up as an author! Confusedmilelol:

I'm just another writer
Still trapped within my truth
A hesitant prize fighter
Still trapped within my youth

Is that you that Dan Hill wrote about in his song lyrics??? Rolleyes

LinkedIn Anyone? - taylor - 10-08-2013

burbuja0512 Wrote:My only question regarding the group is that I worry that people will look at my profile and question the validity of my undergrad.... So, I want to join the group but it makes me a bit nervous. Sorry to say this Shotojuku!!! I think it's a great idea, especially because I would really like to connect with other forum members, but it worries me a little. Do you know if there is a way to keep a group 100% private? Thanks!!
Curious. Have you personally experienced skepticism about your COSC degree?

LinkedIn Anyone? - burbuja0512 - 10-17-2013

taylor Wrote:Curious. Have you personally experienced skepticism about your COSC degree?

Not at all, but only because no one has ever heard of it. When I first started testing, the few people I mentioned it to were extremely doubtful of the validity. I've done the research and know that there isn't an issue with it. (And had no problem getting into and completing the graduate program of my dreams) However, in the professional world, I don't always get the opportunity to explain it, not to mention that people who spent years of their life and tens of thousands of dollars on their B&M degree can't always be convinced no matter what. I mean there are still people out there who don't think online classes are real!

I wish it weren't like this, and I want to be the one to prove any skeptics wrong, but I'm a bit of a wimp about it, I'm afraid. I would never lie about my undergrad, I just am not sure that I'd want to highlight it in certain situations. Sad However, I am rather evangelical about CLEPs, but only when I am talking to people outside of my professional circle.