Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Ethics in America - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Ethics in America (/Thread-Ethics-in-America--1861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ethics in America - blueyzz28 - 06-18-2007

I am scheduled to take the DSST Ethics in America next Wednesday afternoon. I have few questions that I need answered. I only need to take the multiple choice as Excelsior does not grade the essay.

How many questions are on the exam? And is this exam like CLEP in that if you answer roughly half correct you pass. I am seeking an "A" which would be a score of 54 but I am only studying for the next 8 days. Is that enough time?

Thanks.

Ethics in America - Basket Weaver - 06-18-2007

blueyzz28 Wrote:I am scheduled to take the DSST Ethics in America next Wednesday afternoon. I have few questions that I need answered. I only need to take the multiple choice as Excelsior does not grade the essay.

How many questions are on the exam? And is this exam like CLEP in that if you answer roughly half correct you pass. I am seeking an "A" which would be a score of 54 but I am only studying for the next 8 days. Is that enough time?

Thanks.

There is a lot of good feedback on this test in the Specific Exam Feedback Section on the forum's main page... http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/specific-exam-feedback-only/1530-ethics-america-dsst-ece.html

I'm not sure exactly how many questions you have to answer correctly to earn an A as it varies from test to test. It is similar to a CLEP exam in how it's graded, but has more questions and tends to be worded differently. I had about 120 questions on my test; about 75% of them were scenarios. I used the IC cards and studied about 10 days and earned a B. Of course we're all different so I can't say either way if 8 days will be enough, especially if you want an A. From the other feedback I've read, some people were able to achieve the goal you've set, it all comes down to you. Is there a reason you have to take it in 8 days? Either way, good luck and be sure to let us know how it turned out. We'll add your feedback to the feedback section so it'll help others in the future. Regards, Lee

Ethics in America - sweetgirl_19 - 06-20-2007

Thanks for the advice on Ethics! I'm scheduled to take that one next. Are there any general principles, extra concepts or test-taking tips that I should keep in mind?

Thanks!

Ethics in America - stitches013 - 06-21-2007

I am currently studying for this test and it is kicking me in the rear. I have been compiling a file of information to study and so far am up to approximately 100 pages in addition to the IC flash cards. Has anyone done a "Cheat Sheet" for this particular exam? I would really appreciate it if anyone who has one would make it available for me to use! Thanks in advance!

~Rich

Ethics in America - courtball23 - 06-21-2007

I just took that exam this past Saturday & I thought that I was ready for it but it is difficult. There are 110 questions, mostly yes or no scenarios. Know the different types of philosophers & their teachings. Using the IC Flashcards helps alot b/c it uses all of the different teachings into scenarios & examples. I studied hard for about 2 weeks and I still didn't feel comfortable about the test, but that is me because I have never had a good track record with exams.

Ethics in America - PCCLEP - 06-22-2007

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking a the exam next Tuesday. Could you PM me a copy also? Thanks

Ethics in America - AGS - 06-22-2007

courtball23 Wrote:I just took that exam this past Saturday & I thought that I was ready for it but it is difficult. There are 110 questions, mostly yes or no scenarios. Know the different types of philosophers & their teachings. Using the IC Flashcards helps alot b/c it uses all of the different teachings into scenarios & examples. I studied hard for about 2 weeks and I still didn't feel comfortable about the test, but that is me because I have never had a good track record with exams.

the free peterson's guide pdf for the dantes was on the DOT on the topics for this exam....

it would be beneficial to know the philosophers and the scenarios ....

but what would be advantagious on taking the exam would be just knowing whats wrong and right from common sense and you will pass the exam ....

to me it was almost like filling an application for employment...

Ethics in America - AGS - 07-06-2007

blueyzz28 Wrote:I am scheduled to take the DSST Ethics in America next Wednesday afternoon. I have few questions that I need answered. I only need to take the multiple choice as Excelsior does not grade the essay.

Thanks.

I got a 51 for American ethics and a passing score is a 47......

only 2 days of studying for this one ...

Ethics in America - geneticjoe - 07-08-2009

Yah i have been looking over this thread and if I could get a cheat sheet write up of what really needs to be study it would be great I take the test tomorrow so promptness would be great... also maybe I need my head examined but I am confused is there any short answer or essay on this ethics test? The study guide leads you to believe there is but I have heard that there is not that is multiple choice and yes / no question let me know that would help me with pre test anxiety a little more.
Thanks
Joe

Ethics in America - 4pancakes - 08-03-2009

Can anyone tell me about the NEW Dantes Ethics Exam??? I have read previous post about the OLD exam, but I am wondering about the new exam as I will be taking it in about a week...Thanks...