Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Professional License and courses evaulation for college credit @ Thomas Edison - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Professional License and courses evaulation for college credit @ Thomas Edison (/Thread-Professional-License-and-courses-evaulation-for-college-credit-Thomas-Edison)

Professional License and courses evaulation for college credit @ Thomas Edison - awgood - 03-11-2014

I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Life/Health Insurance agent in the state of Indiana. I need an additional 27 credits for a Ba in Social Science based on my Thomas Edison eval. I would like to have my professional licenses evaluated for college credit, but I don't understand the process. My state is not listed with ACE, and I am unsure how I go about getting the state to particpate in the process.

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.

Professional License and courses evaulation for college credit @ Thomas Edison - Getiton1 - 03-11-2014

Hello Awgood,

I am a Registered Nurse in the state of NJ and PA. All you have to do is send TESC a copy of your license, they do the rest. I am not sure how many credits they will give you

Here is a TESC link that might help you:

Thomas Edison State College: Licenses & Certifications

Here's the specific Licenses/Certifications they give credit for.

Thomas Edison State College: Licenses & Certifications

Like I was saying... I was given credit (and actually had to have proof of my RN license to complete the BSN program). I am pretty sure there is a person on one of the TESC graduation videos that had a similar background/goal that you have. I don't know her name, but if she is an alumni, and listed on the TESC Alumni page, she might be a good reference for you. I am sorry, but I don't recall her name. She had more of an administrative background and simply needed the BA to advance, so I know it can be done. When are you looking to start TESC?

If you have already applied and are not in a rush to start in April, you might be wise to talk to an advisor in your department or make an advisement appointment to discuss your transcript/graduation requirements.

Best of Luck!
Tara

awgood Wrote:I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Life/Health Insurance agent in the state of Indiana. I need an additional 27 credits for a Ba in Social Science based on my Thomas Edison eval. I would like to have my professional licenses evaluated for college credit, but I don't understand the process. My state is not listed with ACE, and I am unsure how I go about getting the state to particpate in the process.

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.