Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Cheap community college courses for vets - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Cheap community college courses for vets (/Thread-Cheap-community-college-courses-for-vets)

Cheap community college courses for vets - UptonSinclair - 02-20-2015

It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.

Cheap community college courses for vets - dposborne - 02-21-2015

UptonSinclair,

Thanks a million! The wife and I were looking for affordable CC's for her to take her gen ed classes for her RN Bridge program. CMC offers this huge discount for the veteran's spouse as well.

Cheap community college courses for vets - cookderosa - 02-21-2015

UptonSinclair Wrote:It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.

Maybe so, but I'm glad you mentioned it again! I must have missed your post before. Thanks!!

Cheap community college courses for vets - LaterBloomer - 02-21-2015

I'm taking a paralegal course through their distance learning program, and enjoying the vet discount. I'll even have access to a legal search program, which will be helpful when I look for work as a paralegal in the future.

Cheap community college courses for vets - Prloko - 02-22-2015

UptonSinclair Wrote:It has been a while since I mentioned this so I thought I would post it again. Colorado Mountain College offers courses for $57 per credit for veterans. I am taking two classes this semester and have been very impressed with the quality. For those needing lab sciences, they offer several chemistry and biology courses online with at home labs. The lab kits are a bit expensive, but at $57 per credit things balance out pretty well.

Awesome! I need to take a math course as a prereq for a program I'm applying to. This is cheap enough to pay cash and not use up my GI Bill.

Cheap community college courses for vets - UptonSinclair - 02-23-2015

The math classes are a bit of a pain. There are multiple proctored exams if I understand things correctly.

Cheap community college courses for vets - Life Long Learning - 02-23-2015

UptonSinclair,

Thanks! I am always looking for affordable CC's college classes. :hurray: