Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
physics with lab from Straighterline - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: physics with lab from Straighterline (/Thread-physics-with-lab-from-Straighterline)

physics with lab from Straighterline - ladylearner - 03-29-2015

Any feedback from people who have taken (or are currently taking) physics with the lab component at Straighterline?

I've taken a number of classes at Straighterline but I'm asking about this one in particular. What about the lab? Is it really tough? Is the lab kit absolutely necessary?

Thanks!

physics with lab from Straighterline - smf6824 - 03-29-2015

ladylearner Wrote:Any feedback from people who have taken (or are currently taking) physics with the lab component at Straighterline?

I've taken a number of classes at Straighterline but I'm asking about this one in particular. What about the lab? Is it really tough? Is the lab kit absolutely necessary?

Thanks!

From what I understand the lab kit is necessary. I took it at a local community college just because it was cheaper than doing it through straighterline (Lab kit costs). I know there are a few community colleges that have an online component that may be cheaper; however, I do not know of them off hand. I would have to do some research regarding that. Sorry.

physics with lab from Straighterline - inetpilot - 03-30-2015

Good afternoon,
I attempted physics 1 with the lab through straighterline. The labs are required. The course is also calculus based, if you have a good grasp with that level of math, you should do well. I elected to do my physics requirements through TESC. However, I still have the lab kit from the straighterline course. if you decide to take it, you can purchase it from me if you wish, for half of what they are charging plus shipping. Good luck!

physics with lab from Straighterline - cookderosa - 03-30-2015

inetpilot Wrote:Good afternoon,
I attempted physics 1 with the lab through straighterline. The labs are required. The course is also calculus based, if you have a good grasp with that level of math, you should do well. I elected to do my physics requirements through TESC. However, I still have the lab kit from the straighterline course. if you decide to take it, you can purchase it from me if you wish, for half of what they are charging plus shipping. Good luck!

This is great to know! For this poster and anyone else, not all physics courses are calculus based (ones for science majors usually are) so if you're not mathy-sciency, you might want to look for one that is algebra based. Though it's probably as expensive, my algebra based physics w/lab was taken at Ocean County College via distance learning. Good luck!

physics with lab from Straighterline - ladylearner - 03-31-2015

cookderosa Wrote:This is great to know! For this poster and anyone else, not all physics courses are calculus based (ones for science majors usually are) so if you're not mathy-sciency, you might want to look for one that is algebra based. Though it's probably as expensive, my algebra based physics w/lab was taken at Ocean County College via distance learning. Good luck!

This is very helpful (as always). I always have the less expensive option of taking it at Patten, but I had some setbacks so I try to fill in some of the holes of my degree plan when I can if it doesn't cost too much.