Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU (MSISA) assessment question... (/Thread-WGU-MSISA-assessment-question)

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - hightecrebel - 07-02-2015

I've been planning to finish my BSBA CIS at TESC by Halloween, and roll into the MSISA at WGU with the New Year. I've been paying only about half attention to things going on, and noticed people talking about how they've changed their assessment set. Is it no longer feasible to finish in two terms (I know stretcharmy finished in one, but he went at this with experience in the field that I lack) with the changes?

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - ajs1976 - 07-02-2015

there is a thread at techexams where someone is on track for a 1 term finish. what did you hear has changed?

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - hightecrebel - 07-03-2015

Honestly not sure, just saw a lot of 'WGU has changed X' for a number of grad degrees and couldn't find anything about the MSISA, figured I'd ask in the hopes someone would have more info than I. Last time I tried to ask WGU a question about a grad program the response was less than useful, mostly amounting to 'talk to the undergrad department, or come back when you have a degree'.

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - sanantone - 07-03-2015

Over the years, WGU has been reducing the number of certification assessments. The MSISA only has two certifications now. I quickly looked over the degree plan, and didn't see whether or not the MSISA mostly has performance assessments or objective assessments. If you're not fast at writing large papers, then the performance assessments are going to take longer.

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - ajs1976 - 07-03-2015

I think three of the classes are tests. two are ec council exams: CEH and CHFI. Cryptography is an inhouse test. The others would all be paper based. Paper doesn't necessarily mean research paper. The tasks could be perform a risk assessment, perform a business impact analysis, etc.

A few years ago it was half tests and half papers, but two certs were removed.

I have heard there are changes in the MBA programs where classes are starting to have both papers and tests.

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - hightecrebel - 07-06-2015

Ah, alright. If it's the MBA's that have been altered so far, that would be why I saw nothing regarding the MSISA. I'm not too worried about papers, though I do need to get back in the practice of writing them properly. But that's what the undergrad is for, right? Not just to check the boxes, but to also reinforce the skills you need for advancing your education.

WGU (MSISA) assessment question... - stretcharmy - 07-23-2015

Not all of the papers are "papers" in the MSISA. There are quite a few power points in there as well. For me those took longer to do than straight papers.