Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Online Masters in a foreign country - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Online Masters in a foreign country (/Thread-Online-Masters-in-a-foreign-country)

Online Masters in a foreign country - dbwdb - 08-20-2015

Cookederosa kindly mentioned that the following countries offer free tuition:

You'll find 100% tuition in each of these countries:

Argentina ( taught in English or Spanish)
Brazil (taught in English or Portuguese)
Estonia (taught in English or Estonian)
Finland (taught in English, Finnish, and Swedish)
German (taught in English or German)
Norway (taught in English or Norwegian)

Chile scheduled to begin offering free tuition in March 2016

Anyone know if they offer online masters programs and if they are open to students from other countries?

Online Masters in a foreign country - Life Long Learning - 08-20-2015

The whole Nation or just one University?

Online Masters in a foreign country - EI2HCB - 08-20-2015

Generally these are B&M Universities in major European cities and in general education is either free or at a reduced cost almost all across Europe for residents. I haven't read Jennifer's list but I'm presuming these are free to anyone who can get enrolled, and get themselves to the location and feed themselves when they get there. In Ireland American students pay full tuition, which is about 12,000 dollars per year for universities that rank around the top 50th in the world. It's a pity I didn't avail of more free education while I lived there.

Online Masters in a foreign country - cookderosa - 08-20-2015

EI2HCB Wrote:Generally these are B&M Universities in major European cities and in general education is either free or at a reduced cost almost all across Europe for residents. I haven't read Jennifer's list but I'm presuming these are free to anyone who can get enrolled, and get themselves to the location and feed themselves when they get there. In Ireland American students pay full tuition, which is about 12,000 dollars per year for universities that rank around the top 50th in the world. It's a pity I didn't avail of more free education while I lived there.

E12HCB you're correct. These are B&M degree programs taught in English and 100% free tuition. As with any college, transportation-living expenses-books, etc are always part of the equation. While I have not searched EVERY university in EVERY one of those countries, I'm about 99% sure that distance learning is excluded.

EDIT: but, there is always that one exception hidden in some dark corner- I hope you find it. And then message me. Smile

Life Long Learning Wrote:The whole Nation or just one University?

That's correct, the whole country. However, there are LOTS of free degree options that are not taught in English. I limited my research to degrees that were 100% tuition free AND taught in English.

dbwdb Wrote:Cookederosa kindly mentioned that the following countries offer free tuition:

You'll find 100% tuition in each of these countries:

Argentina ( taught in English or Spanish)
Brazil (taught in English or Portuguese)
Estonia (taught in English or Estonian)
Finland (taught in English, Finnish, and Swedish)
German (taught in English or German)
Norway (taught in English or Norwegian)

Chile scheduled to begin offering free tuition in March 2016

Anyone know if they offer online masters programs and if they are open to students from other countries?

Here's the thing, I didn't mention, I actually replied to a private message you sent me. You can share my reply (nothing you say on the internet is private and all that....) but you could help with some of the heavy lifting. Just sayin.

Online Masters in a foreign country - socsci - 08-21-2015

This website seems good for looking for international scholarships.
Many of the countries listed in this thread also have other help available for outstanding students.
International Scholarships for International Students from Developing Countries 2015-2016

Online Masters in a foreign country - sanantone - 08-21-2015

You can keep an eye on Wings University in Berlin. They plan to become accredited in Germany or Italy within the next two years. I'm not sure how far they will get because their FAQ hints at them not really understanding accreditation. They are telling people that the MOOCs they are using from Harvard, Oxford, and other accredited schools are accredited. Of course, this is not true. The MOOCs aren't for-credit, so they don't fall under the school's accreditation and aren't transferable.

Wings University