Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: City University of Seattle AS in general studies! (/Thread-City-University-of-Seattle-AS-in-general-studies)

Pages: 1 2

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - morig - 08-23-2015

So in my everlasting search to find new and better ways to rack up points on my Navy advancement, I discovered Associate of Science in General Studies from City U.

AS in General Studies | College Degree

This is a 90 Credit required degree but luckily military personnel can transfer 85 of those in and only need to complete the capstone course!
And that also means that your Capstone course is your residency requirement.

I had an unofficial evaluation done with them and am happy to say that they took my ACE credits from ALEKS to fill the math requirements and my military credits seemed to fill the rest.
Also after e-mailing them some questions, I was told that they do accept NCCRS credits.

The school is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Edit:
http://www.straighterline.com/colleges/city-university-of-seattle/course-equivalency/
they are also partnered with SL, decided to include course equivelicy page for them.

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Life Long Learning - 08-23-2015

Great find and thanks for posting!:hurray:

CityU’s reduced military undergraduate tuition rate is $166 per credit and reduced military graduate tuition rate is $306 per credit.

*This reduced rate does not apply to the doctoral program. Visit the tuition page to view a full list of rates.

The following groups may qualify for the military tuition rate:
•All U.S. Military branches who are Active Duty Military, Guard and Active Reserve members, retired military
•Current spouse or dependent of anyone listed above
•Department of Defense employees
•Canada military members who are Active Duty

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Life Long Learning - 08-23-2015

City University of Seattle, also known as CityU, is a private not-for-profit institution of higher learning based in Seattle, Washington. In 2008-09, CityU enrolled 7,639 students worldwide. The university consists of the School of Management, Albright School of Education, the Division of Arts/Sciences and Management Institute. CityU of Seattle offers campus education around the world and online education.

Transfer credits: Students with prior college credits or formal non-collegiate training can transfer up to 65 lower-division credits.
•Military students: Students in the military can transfer up to 85 credits and use military education and training credits to pay for school.
•Customizable: Students can assemble their own interdisciplinary academic program.

Associate of Science in General Studies
DELIVERY MODE: Online
REQUIRED CREDITS: 90

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Life Long Learning - 01-04-2016

Did you ever enroll into City University of Seattle, also known as CityU AS degree?

morig Wrote:So in my everlasting search to find new and better ways to rack up points on my Navy advancement, I discovered Associate of Science in General Studies from City U.

AS in General Studies | College Degree

This is a 90 Credit required degree but luckily military personnel can transfer 85 of those in and only need to complete the capstone course!
And that also means that your Capstone course is your residency requirement.

I had an unofficial evaluation done with them and am happy to say that they took my ACE credits from ALEKS to fill the math requirements and my military credits seemed to fill the rest.
Also after e-mailing them some questions, I was told that they do accept NCCRS credits.

The school is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Edit:
City University of Seattle Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine
they are also partnered with SL, decided to include course equivelicy page for them.

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - morig - 01-04-2016

No I have not.
I started looking around more and decided to go ahead and work on completing a BSBA from tesc since it will allow me to test out of lots.
I may go back and complete the degree from City U for fun if i have the time.

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Life Long Learning - 01-04-2016

That is also where I am in life also.cheersmate
morig Wrote:No I have not..
I may go back and complete the degree from City U for fun if i have the time.

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - raiderborn - 05-03-2016

I got my AS general studies from City U in 2011! It was great they took all my ace credits and I only had to take like 5 classes. I then went to GCU they took my whole degree so I had no repeat courses... I took maybe 11 classes at GCU and received my BS

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - Life Long Learning - 05-03-2016

Great Job.cheersmate

Who is GCU?

raiderborn Wrote:I got my AS general studies from City U in 2011! It was great they took all my ace credits and I only had to take like 5 classes. I then went to GCU they took my whole degree so I had no repeat courses... I took maybe 11 classes at GCU and received my BS

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - bjcheung77 - 05-03-2016

Life Long Learning Wrote:Great Job.cheersmate

Who is GCU?

I think it's Grand Canyon University.

City University of Seattle AS in general studies! - alram - 06-14-2016

I'm a little late to the party but I earned my AS from CITYU back in 1990. The evaluation was completed right before I left the military using clep, dsst, and ccaf credits. I received my degree about a month after leaving the service. Glad to see someone else using that great program.

Good luck,
Alram