Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits (/Thread-Any-suggestions-for-an-Online-MBA-Program-that-accepts-University-of-Phoenix-Credits)

Pages: 1 2

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - eirwin71 - 08-25-2015

Look to finish my MBA. I am a 20 year employee of a major bank. I have completed 5 of the neccesary 12 classes. I am finding the UOP is very expensive and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions. UOP is charging about $2,350 per class. I cannot lose any credit hours and must do all online. Thoughts ? Please help!!!!

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - rebel100 - 08-25-2015

You will likely find that other schools will accept a maximum of 6 credits in transfer, so only two of your classes. Ashford is one exception, theu take up to 9 or 12 depending on degree pursued.Transfer Up to 90 Credits Towards Your Bachelor's Degree | Ashford University I don't know what they are charging these days, but I would bet its half of UofP.

You could consider one of the self paced programs such as WGU or Patten...they won't accept the transfer but you can test through their programs at your own pace, many finish in 12-18 months so the whole degree is soemthing like $6-10K (if you can get it done fast).Online MBA | WGU College of Business

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - Yanji - 08-25-2015

I cannot say this with 100% certainty, but I doubt that you will find a school that will give you 15 transfer credits towards an MBA, especially a one-year online MBA. At this point, you probably have to think about what you're willing to lose in terms of time/money/credits and make your decision from there. Your best option will depend on your priorities.

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - dmjacobsen - 08-25-2015

Although WGU doesn't accept transfer credit, I would look toward WGU for the MBA. With 20 years of experience in banking, you should be able to rock out the finance classes. You should be able to easily finish in under a year (two terms), thus spending under $7k for the MBA. You could also try Patten University for your MBA. For the low cost and ability to finish quickly, going with either WGU or Patten might be worth ditching your five UoP classes and chalking it up to a bad decision.

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - videogamesrock - 08-25-2015

AMU will accept 50% transfer credits towards a graduate degree.

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - videogamesrock - 08-25-2015

Same with just about any DEAC school also.

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - GoodYellowDogs - 08-25-2015

I have heard that Patten has been very flexible for some programs.

What courses have you completed?

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - sanantone - 08-26-2015

rebel100 Wrote:You will likely find that other schools will accept a maximum of 6 credits in transfer, so only two of your classes. Ashford is one exception, theu take up to 9 or 12 depending on degree pursued.Transfer Up to 90 Credits Towards Your Bachelor's Degree | Ashford University I don't know what they are charging these days, but I would bet its half of UofP.

You could consider one of the self paced programs such as WGU or Patten...they won't accept the transfer but you can test through their programs at your own pace, many finish in 12-18 months so the whole degree is soemthing like $6-10K (if you can get it done fast).Online MBA | WGU College of Business

Patten will accept 6 transfer credits.

videogamesrock Wrote:AMU will accept 50% transfer credits towards a graduate degree.

APUS accepts up to 15 transfer credits. Their MBA is 39 credits.

Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits - rebel100 - 08-26-2015

sanantone Wrote:Patten will accept 6 transfer credits..
Does that include the Sl organizational theory course or would that bring the total to 9?