Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? (/Thread-New-TESU-Residency-Requirement-16cr-TECEP-s-do-not-count)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - dfrecore - 04-07-2016

runnergirlnae Wrote:This is probably a dumb question, but as long as I register for my TECEPs before the 16th of April for the May term they will be counted as my residency requirements correct? I won't miss out on this because I wasn't registered for them before April 1st correct?

Yes, TECEP's that you register for during the regular April timeframe for the May term will be counted towards your residency PROVIDED you were already enrolled in the school and it's in your catalog. So if you are new, and are under the new 2016/17 catalog as of April 1, then they won't count. It's only for students under prior catalogs.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - jsd - 04-07-2016

Aurelius Wrote:This is only true if you were enrolled prior to 4/1.

Yeah, I think I might have misunderstood exactly what was being asked here. Shouldn't have skimmed.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - laughter - 04-08-2016

Just to clarify, if I register for a May 2016 term TECEP before April 16, I am allowed to take it anytime between May - July and it will count towards my residency requirement, is that correct? Or must I complete it in the month of May? I was enrolled prior to 1/4.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - managerman - 04-08-2016

Aurelius Wrote:This is only true if you were enrolled prior to 4/1.

I am still in applicant status until the 10th day of the May term. I registered for a tecep at the end of march and had the registrar confirm in writing
that my teceps that I am about to register for the May term will count for residency, so they are grandfathering applicants who registered for tecep before 4/1. this is a small distinction but one that saved me $2000 in what I consider to be bribe money to look the other way when it comes to their own graduation requirements.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - Aurelius - 04-08-2016

managerman Wrote:I am still in applicant status until the 10th day of the May term. I registered for a tecep at the end of march and had the registrar confirm in writing
that my teceps that I am about to register for the May term will count for residency, so they are grandfathering applicants who registered for tecep before 4/1. this is a small distinction but one that saved me $2000 in what I consider to be bribe money to look the other way when it comes to their own graduation requirements.

Glad it worked out for you. Wish I was able to do this but I didn't get my application approval until it was too late.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - runnergirlnae - 04-08-2016

If I was told that I am under the new 16cr residency requirement per credit tuition plan instead of the old 24, but am registered for 2 TECEPs in the April term, will my TECEPs in the April and May terms still count towards my residency requirements?

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - TrailRunr - 04-08-2016

runnergirlnae Wrote:If I was told that I am under the new 16cr residency requirement per credit tuition plan instead of the old 24, but am registered for 2 TECEPs in the April term, will my TECEPs in the April and May terms still count towards my residency requirements?

No, TECEPs won't count for you. Look at post #180 in this thread.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - managerman - 04-08-2016

runnergirlnae Wrote:If I was told that I am under the new 16cr residency requirement per credit tuition plan instead of the old 24, but am registered for 2 TECEPs in the April term, will my TECEPs in the April and May terms still count towards my residency requirements?

In a word, Yes

Edit: TESU has told people different things. I have in writing from the Registrars office (now hanging in a frame above my computer Big Grin ) an email stating my teceps registered for in the May term will count for residency. I won't be "enrolled" until the 10th day of the May term. I stated clearly my situation to the Registrar so I am not going to try and get them to change their mind on this one and I am holding on to that email as I may need it in an academic appeal. I am not trying to say "hey look i'm special cuz my teceps count" just trying to show that there may be some wiggle room if you ask (nicely).

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - davewill - 04-08-2016

It depends on when you were enrolled. If you were enrolled before April 1, then yes, otherwise no.

New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!? - runnergirlnae - 04-08-2016

I just got an email back from my advisor and she said that any TECEPs that I take in the April or May term will count towards my 16cr residency requirement under the per credit tuition plan.