Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) (/Thread-TESU-Evaluation-updated-some-credits-missing)

Pages: 1 2

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - Nixi - 05-24-2016

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my e-mail this morning and got an e-mail from TESU telling me that my Academic Evaluation has been updated. I wasn't expecting this to happen until 2 more days (which would be exactly 25 business days).

I only sent one ACE transcript and logged in and noticed almost all my credits were applied, except for 2 courses which I do not see in my "other courses" section either. Should I e-mail TESU or are they still in the process of completing the evaluation (despite the e-mail)?

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - jsd - 05-24-2016

If they sent you a completion notice, and you only ordered one ACE transcript, then it probably wouldn't hurt to email them.

jsd Wrote:If they sent you a completion notice, and you only ordered one ACE transcript, then it probably wouldn't hurt to email them.

Ok, thanks. I'll wait until Thursday (25th business day) to e-mail them. I only had 6 courses I was transferring in, so it is strange they didn't evaluate all of them at once. Do you recommend lsc or another department?

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - waitforit - 05-24-2016

Did you read the very bottom of your evaluation? It might explain why those courses are missing.

waitforit Wrote:Did you read the very bottom of your evaluation? It might explain why those courses are missing.

Yes, there were no comments.

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - bjcheung77 - 05-24-2016

Nixi Wrote:Ok, thanks. I'll wait until Thursday (25th business day) to e-mail them. I only had 6 courses I was transferring in, so it is strange they didn't evaluate all of them at once. Do you recommend lsc or another department?

This is what I would recommend as well, wait until Friday to send that email and someone should get back to you on a Monday.
I assume they've not updated everything as they may need to re-verify a few things before updating your evaluation details.

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - AngelaP - 05-24-2016

If they have emailed you stating that your eval is complete, I would email them now and ask them where the two classes you mentioned were placed. There really is no need to wait two more days in my opinion.

AngelaP Wrote:If they have emailed you stating that your eval is complete, I would email them now and ask them where the two classes you mentioned were placed. There really is no need to wait two more days in my opinion.

You're right, I've gone ahead and e-mailed them as I don't want to keep speculating whatever is going on in the background and I need to know if the 2 courses will count towards my degree or not.

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - dfrecore - 05-24-2016

Nixi Wrote:You're right, I've gone ahead and e-mailed them as I don't want to keep speculating whatever is going on in the background and I need to know if the 2 courses will count towards my degree or not.

If they aren't on your eval at all, then they haven't evaluated them yet. Even if they won't count a course towards your degree, it will show up in the Other Courses area, with a code as to why (I have several that are duplicate, a few over 10 years old so not fitting into my AOS) and then some that will just show up there because you may have more courses than will fit into open slots (I have plenty of free electives and only 6cr available, so a bunch of stuff went to "other courses" because there was no more room to fit them in).

They never just don't list any courses they've evaluated. The do SOMETHING with them.

[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing) - Nixi - 05-25-2016

dfrecore Wrote:If they aren't on your eval at all, then they haven't evaluated them yet. Even if they won't count a course towards your degree, it will show up in the Other Courses area, with a code as to why (I have several that are duplicate, a few over 10 years old so not fitting into my AOS) and then some that will just show up there because you may have more courses than will fit into open slots (I have plenty of free electives and only 6cr available, so a bunch of stuff went to "other courses" because there was no more room to fit them in).

They never just don't list any courses they've evaluated. The do SOMETHING with them.

Thanks dfrecore, just wanted to update that you were right. They missed 2 courses, and added them to my evaluation today--one of the two courses duplicated my Business Ethics course (the CPCU insurance ethics was transcribed as PHI-384 instead of PHI-379) but it still showed up in the "Other Courses" section. I have contacted registrar to appeal this course.