Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? (/Thread-TESU-What-s-the-turnaround-time-for-an-appeal)

Pages: 1 2

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - Nixi - 05-27-2016

I e-mailed an appeal for a course on my recent evaluation to registrar@tesu.edu on Wednesday and don't know when I should expect a response. I don't mind waiting, but I'm just wondering how long it's taken to get a decision from registrar for anyone who has tried appealing a course in the past.

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - bricabrac - 05-27-2016

In my experience, approx 2-5 days. Depends on the request and who is responsible for the outcome (dean, committee).

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - dfrecore - 05-27-2016

Mine came within a couple of days; but because of the holiday, I'm sure you will have a longer wait. I would give it until the end of next week before contacting them again.

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - Nixi - 05-27-2016

I'm holding off on registering for a backup course (I'll probably wait until second week of June), so this is helpful--thanks bricabrac and dfrecore!

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - AngelaP - 05-27-2016

They answered mine within a day to tell me "NO". Hoping you have a better outcome!

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - dfrecore - 05-27-2016

I appealed 5 courses, 3 came through as I wanted, 2 did not. The backup paperwork I had with the 3 was better than what I had with the 2 that didn't get in, and I could just make a better argument.

Good luck!

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - TrailRunr - 05-27-2016

They denied mine too. It took a few days. Set low expectations by anticipating a denial, but maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - Nixi - 06-06-2016

Update: The appeal was not successful. I was told by Registrar that the course equivalency for this course was modified on 3/3/2016 to PHI-384. I tried to appeal this further by e-mailing the Assistant Dean at Heavin School of Arts & Sciences and she told me this course was reviewed in Feb 2016 and equivalency was changed to PHI-384, and my evaluation will remain as is.

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - jsd - 06-06-2016

Bummer, sorry Sad

At least it was free?

[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal? - Nixi - 06-06-2016

jsd Wrote:Bummer, sorry Sad

At least it was free?

Yeah, I wanted to try but I didn't really expect anything.

I'm still glad I have the option of doing Saylor's ENVS203: Environmental Ethics, Justice & World Views for $25. Going to cram for it and try my luck.