Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Straightliners - Park University - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Straightliners - Park University (/Thread-Straightliners-Park-University)

Pages: 1 2

Straightliners - Park University - Jehan48 - 06-21-2016

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I haven't seen much mention of Park University. Has anyone used Straightliners and was successful with transferring credits over to Park University? I tried searching the forums and google. I came across a dated tweet from Straightliners that a person was able to transfer credits over but that was back in 2012. I need 3 more classes (9 credits) to graduate. I've been taking CLEPs and DSSTs but I saw this and it looked interesting.

My spouse is also starting his degree and this looked very much appealing to him. He's in the same university as me.

Any insights?

Straightliners - Park University - bjcheung77 - 06-21-2016

Jehan48 Wrote:I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I haven't seen much mention of Park University. Has anyone used Straightliners and was successful with transferring credits over to Park University? I tried searching the forums and google. I came across a dated tweet from Straightliners that a person was able to transfer credits over but that was back in 2012. I need 3 more classes (9 credits) to graduate. I've been taking CLEPs and DSSTs but I saw this and it looked interesting.

My spouse is also starting his degree and this looked very much appealing to him. He's in the same university as me.

Any insights?

I just did a quick search on Park University and looked at their school website...
From the looks of things, they accept ACE credits for Military, you can find out.

Email them asking if they would accept The three or more Straighterline courses you would like.
I searched Straighterline and Park University is not a partner college / university.

Straightliners - Park University - dfrecore - 06-21-2016

Haven't heard of it, and I checked Straighterline's website, Park University is not a partner college (that would have been an easy way to see if they accepted SL). But, your best bet is just to ask your school if they accept SL courses, or ACE-approved courses.

Which 3 courses do you need? That makes a difference too.

Straightliners - Park University - nnahh - 06-21-2016

I'm unsure about Straightliner, but my husband just transferred over ALEKS credits and they accepted with no questions asked.

You may want to ask your enrollment counselor. They are really hands on a and walk you through the entire process.

ETA: He sent his counselor a message back in May asking if they accept the free ALEKS, TEEX, FEMA and The Institutes. (He's only complete ALEKS so far)

The reply: More than likely, yes – those transfer credit will be accepted. Send them in, and we’ll get them evaluated.

Take care,
Rachel

Straightliners - Park University - Jehan48 - 06-22-2016

Thanks for the quick replies! Turns out, they don't accept them, which is very unfortunate. I need 9 credits/ 3 courses in anything, electives.

Rachel-I find it interesting that they told your husband yes for the FEMA. They told me they wouldn't accept it(this was also in May). I wish everyone was on the same page.

Straightliners - Park University - nnahh - 06-22-2016

Rachel is his admission person. She didn't confirm but said more than likely. His email is from May 18th.

Thanks for following up. It's great to know that Straightliner is not accepted.

Straightliners - Park University - dfrecore - 06-22-2016

nnahh said that they accept ALEKS. If you haven't yet gotten credit for a bunch of math courses yet, this is a great option. It's $20/mo, with an unproctored final exam. They transfer the credits to ACE very quickly. And you can take more than 1 course in that month. As soon as you finish one and send it to ACE, you can start on the next one.

They have 9 ACE-approved courses, but your college may or may not accept all of them, so maybe nnahh could enlighten you to show what courses were taken and what credit was given?

Straightliners - Park University - bjcheung77 - 06-22-2016

dfrecore Wrote:nnahh said that they accept ALEKS. If you haven't yet gotten credit for a bunch of math courses yet, this is a great option. It's $20/mo, with an unproctored final exam. They transfer the credits to ACE very quickly. And you can take more than 1 course in that month. As soon as you finish one and send it to ACE, you can start on the next one.

They have 9 ACE-approved courses, but your college may or may not accept all of them, so maybe nnahh could enlighten you to show what courses were taken and what credit was given?

+1, I would ask them again just to be sure, if they're accepting ALEKS, they are ACE recommended credits....
The others such as Penn Foster, Saylor, Straighterline, Study.com and so on should ALSO be available for use....
As I mentioned earlier, on their website, they accept ACE credits for the military folks, ask again to see if they can do that for civilians.

Straightliners - Park University - nnahh - 06-22-2016

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1813[/ATTACH]

The College Algebra came in as the math requirment. Intermediate Algebra came in an elective.

Bjcheung77 made a good point. My husband is military so they may have a different set of rules.

Straightliners - Park University - Jehan48 - 06-23-2016

Oh wow-I will double check for sure. The ALEKS, I only ever heard of it on this forum(the things you learn!) is it difficult-time-consuming? I want to be done done everything processed by October 9th.