Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Marketing Degree Plan through exams? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Marketing Degree Plan through exams? (/Thread-Marketing-Degree-Plan-through-exams)

Marketing Degree Plan through exams? - SlightlyAmbitious - 10-25-2016

I have been paying out of pocket for community classes to avoid debt and thus far have been successful, although doing so at a slow rate. I'm moving to another state soon and don't want to wait a year for in-state tuition, so I'm highly considering knocking out a bunch of test based credits for the cheap Bachelors in Marketing while enrolled at an online distance-learning college that accepts such credits. I saw a degree plan posted from a couple years ago, but directly after saw that it was no longer relevant. I also need help knowing which of my current credits meet the standards of classes at these instituitons- as sometimes the classes are the same, but the names are different.

I currently have the following classes completed/currently completing.

1301 INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS
ENGL 1301 EXPOSITORY ENGLISH COMP ©
GOVT 2305 AMERICAN GOVT \ POLITICS
GOVT 2306 STATE \ LOCAL GOVERNMENT
HIST 1301 HIST OF US TO 1865
SOCI 1301 INTRO SOCIOLOGY
ARTS 1301 CR ART APPRECIATION ©
ENGL 1302 CR RESEARCH WRIT \ LIT ANALY ©
SPCH 1321 CR ORGANIZATION\PROF COMMUN (CF)
MASTER ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE ©
HIST 2322 CR WORLD HIST 1500 TO PRESENT©
PHIL 1301 CR INTRO TO PHILOSOPHY ©
PSYC 2301 CR INTRODUCTION PSYCHOLOGY ©
US HISTORY CIVIL WAR TO PRESENT

- I have to transfer this credit so I cant remember what class it is...something about beginner Managment I believe??

Currently taking:
PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I
ASTR 1303 CR STARS AND GALAXIES
ECON 2301 CR PRIN OF MACROECONOMICS

I realize a good amount of these credits will not transfer into this degree plan. I would be very grateful for any ideas of if this degree is possible to acquire through testing alone, help making a degree plan to accommodate my desired degree, and which distance learning school to choose from would be great help. Thank you for your time.

P.S to all the scholars in this forum, I apologize for my poor grammar. I probably have comma splices and the likes all over this post.

Marketing Degree Plan through exams? - dfrecore - 10-25-2016

All of these courses will transfer just fine. I didn't include the Beginner Management course you talked about, because I'm not sure about that one. If you get the actual title, and it's Intro to Management or something like that, you can plug it into the core.

I'm including a spreadsheet that shows the BSBA Marketing degree at TESU, and you are well on your way to the degree there. I've put in the 120cr you need, but there are some additional courses that I put into the AOS (Area of Study) that you can substitute if you're interested - you need 6 courses/18cr, and there are about 10 in there that will work. 1 is required, you have to take it, but after that, you can take any 5 from the list. The CSU-Global courses are $250 each, so more expensive than the TECEP's that are listed - it's up to you as to what you want to do in that area.

If you don't know about the different ways to take courses, here is the Beginner's Guide that should help you: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-education-testing-discussion/26144-beginners-guide-getting-cheap-fast-college.html

Good luck!

Wow, I really appreciate that. You have given me all the information I needed! Thomas Edison State here I come!

Btw, you've done a better job than all of my college counselors by mapping out this degree plan. I will always remember you stranger.

Marketing Degree Plan through exams? - OakLakeNC - 10-25-2016

I was going to say the same thing as the first person who replied- I think everything should transfer. If something is college level it should transfer just fine. The only thing that might not is that 'academic excellence.' I noticed it doesn't have a course code. If it is a study skills or orientation course unique to your cc then it might not. You have credits all degrees need..both English classes, a natural science, social sciences and a humanities.

Would I only need one natural science? I am taking a lab with my current Astrology course.

Marketing Degree Plan through exams? - OakLakeNC - 10-25-2016

According to that ss, you would either need another science or a computer science. Either one is easy to find. Study.com, Straightliner, CLEP, DSST, etc..

SlightlyAmbitious Wrote:Would I only need one natural science? I am taking a lab with my current Astrology course.

You need 4cr in science, so if you're taking a lab, then that and the course itself are all you need in that section.

You will now need an additional 2cr in Gen Ed Electives (so 1 more course).

SlightlyAmbitious Wrote:Wow, I really appreciate that. You have given me all the information I needed! Thomas Edison State here I come!

Btw, you've done a better job than all of my college counselors by mapping out this degree plan. I will always remember you stranger.

You're very welcome! I like doing it, it's fun. And I've given serious thought to working at my local college doing this kind of thing, but I don't think it will pay very well, and I think I might be overqualified! I don't think they like advisors giving CORRECT info to students!