Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
URGENT: ALEKS users - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: URGENT: ALEKS users (/Thread-URGENT-ALEKS-users)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

URGENT: ALEKS users - cookderosa - 10-27-2016

As we've already talked about here, ALEKS math's ACE evaluation expires on 11/30/2016.

I am unable to share details, but this matter has gone from "interesting" to "urgent."

First, if you are currently using ALEKS, you have 1 month to finish. I can not urge you strongly enough to finish by 11/30/2016. Without compromising my word, what I can tell you is that there is no question that under the best of circumstances there will be a lag period between expiration and renewal- that's best case. I'll leave worst case to your imagination.

Secondly, if you are currently using ALEKS for college credit, or if you plan on using ALEKS for college credit in the future, you should contact ALEKS immediately and tell them so.

ALEKS Contact Info:
RG Wil Lampros, Chief Product Officer, ALEKS Corporation, 15460 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA 92618. (714) 245-7191

URGENT: ALEKS users - rebel100 - 10-27-2016

AS I recall their ACE Certification dropped a few years ago and they didn't intend to re-up at that time. Jennifer hasn't told me anything...but that is the history.

URGENT: ALEKS users - dfrecore - 10-27-2016

Thanks for letting us know. I guess it's time to try to tackle Stats one last time before this possibly goes away.

cookderosa Wrote:As we've already talked about here, ALEKS math's ACE evaluation expires on 11/30/2016.

I am unable to share details, but this matter has gone from "interesting" to "urgent."

First, if you are currently using ALEKS, you have 1 month to finish. I can not urge you strongly enough to finish by 11/30/2016. Without compromising my word, what I can tell you is that there is no question that under the best of circumstances there will be a lag period between expiration and renewal- that's best case. I'll leave worst case to your imagination.

Secondly, if you are currently using ALEKS for college credit, or if you plan on using ALEKS for college credit in the future, you should contact ACE immediately and tell them so.

ALEKS Contact Info:
RG Wil Lampros, Chief Product Officer, ALEKS Corporation, 15460 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA 92618. (714) 245-7191

rebel100 Wrote:AS I recall their ACE Certification dropped a few years ago and they didn't intend to re-up at that time. Jennifer hasn't told me anything...but that is the history.

They respond well to pressure. People who want ALEKS to stick around should call asap.

URGENT: ALEKS users - davewill - 10-27-2016

You wrote "contact ACE immediately" but I think you meant to say contact ALEKS.

URGENT: ALEKS users - Nixi - 10-27-2016

Back in October 2013 ALEKS had their ACE accreditation expire near the end of October and it was renewed again in December. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they do it this time as well.

davewill Wrote:You wrote "contact ACE immediately" but I think you meant to say contact ALEKS.

you're right, ALEKS not ACE Thanks for catching that!

Nixi Wrote:Back in October 2013 ALEKS had their ACE accreditation expire near the end of October and it was renewed again in December. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they do it this time as well.

Yesterday I would have agreed with you. A laps is certain at this point and renewal is still uncertain.

URGENT: ALEKS users - icy - 10-27-2016

cookderosa Wrote:As we've already talked about here, ALEKS math's ACE evaluation expires on 11/30/2016.

Secondly, if you are currently using ALEKS for college credit, or if you plan on using ALEKS for college credit in the future, you should contact ALEKS immediately and tell them so.

ALEKS Contact Info:

If we're currently doing ALEKS and we just make the deadline, do you think we'll have problems transferring credits to ACE? Did students have a problem transferring their credits to ACE last time when they finished within the last month?

And on a slightly different note. Do you have any recommendations for those of us who will still need math credits? another site similar to ALEKS with ACE accreditation?

URGENT: ALEKS users - ndelco - 10-27-2016

icy Wrote:If we're currently doing ALEKS and we just make the deadline, do you think we'll have problems transferring credits to ACE? Did students have a problem transferring their credits to ACE last time when they finished within the last month?

And on a slightly different note. Do you have any recommendations for those of us who will still need math credits? another site similar to ALEKS with ACE accreditation?

I'm pretty sure it goes by the date, so if you finish before they expire it won't matter because your completion date will be during the valid time-frame. I hope that makes sense. Also, Shmoop has a bunch of Math courses but I don't know if anyone ever found out what TESU brings them in as. Study.com has some Math courses as well. I don't think anything will be as cheap as ALEKS though.