Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? (/Thread-Study-com-Written-Projects-Where-are-Grades-Displayed)

Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? - rowan555 - 12-06-2016

My son submitted his first essay a week ago and isn't seeing a grade anywhere - he didn't get an email, but he also never got emails with his final exam grades for other courses as some people have, so that doesn't mean much. It's possible it hasn't been graded yet, but it would be good to know where to look on his dashboard for the grade once it's in. He has 4 essays for this course and wants to wait to get his grade back on the first before submitting the next one.

Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? - Synicaal - 12-06-2016

rowan555 Wrote:My son submitted his first essay a week ago and isn't seeing a grade anywhere - he didn't get an email, but he also never got emails with his final exam grades for other courses as some people have, so that doesn't mean much. It's possible it hasn't been graded yet, but it would be good to know where to look on his dashboard for the grade once it's in. He has 4 essays for this course and wants to wait to get his grade back on the first before submitting the next one.

I got an e-mail confirming my submission and then like a day or two later I got another e-mail with the attached rubric, my grade and feedback from the grader. I don't see any grades for it in dashboard either. This is something I have recommended Study.com do and display grades for each class and each part of the class.

I would submit a "ticket" and have them look into it. You should have gotten the grade by now. Also if they are all done have him submit them all, worst case is he doesn't do very well he can edit them with the graders feedback and send them back in for a better grade.

Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? - rowan555 - 12-06-2016

Synicaal Wrote:I got an e-mail confirming my submission and then like a day or two later I got another e-mail with the attached rubric, my grade and feedback from the grader. I don't see any grades for it in dashboard either. This is something I have recommended Study.com do and display grades for each class and each part of the class.

I would submit a "ticket" and have them look into it. You should have gotten the grade by now. Also if they are all done have him submit them all, worst case is he doesn't do very well he can edit them with the graders feedback and send them back in for a better grade.

Hrm, he never got an email confirmation of the submission either. Thanks, I'll put in a ticket.

Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed? - Synicaal - 12-06-2016

rowan555 Wrote:Hrm, he never got an email confirmation of the submission either. Thanks, I'll put in a ticket.

How did he submit the essay? you have to use the link on the bottom of the page "please fill out this submission form and attach your case studies as Microsoft Word, PDF, or Text documents"

Likely just a glitch on their end and they didn't receive it correctly. I'd have him submit them all 1 by 1 and see what happens, like I said he can go back and edit them for a better grade if needed.

Synicaal Wrote:How did he submit the essay? you have to use the link on the bottom of the page "please fill out this submission form and attach your case studies as Microsoft Word, PDF, or Text documents"

Likely just a glitch on their end and they didn't receive it correctly. I'd have him submit them all 1 by 1 and see what happens, like I said he can go back and edit them for a better grade if needed.

He did the "ask the experts" link on the site and they replied immediately - within an hour they emailed his grade and the rubric. He's submitting essay 2 and resubmitting essay 1 today (not much to fix on that one). The 3rd and 4th essays are beasts and will take him a few days to tackle.

rowan555 Wrote:He did the "ask the experts" link on the site and they replied immediately - within an hour they emailed his grade and the rubric. He's submitting essay 2 and resubmitting essay 1 today (not much to fix on that one). The 3rd and 4th essays are beasts and will take him a few days to tackle.

Awesome Glad To Hear, Which Class is he doing 4 essays for? I have a course coming up that will require 4 and I'm dreading it!

Synicaal Wrote:Awesome Glad To Hear, Which Class is he doing 4 essays for? I have a course coming up that will require 4 and I'm dreading it!

Business 308 - Global Business (actual name is longer, but I don't know the full title)

rowan555 Wrote:Business 308 - Global Business (actual name is longer, but I don't know the full title)

Business 308: Globalization & International Management ?? Yeah that's the one I'm dreading, I should have started it two days ago but I am slacking.

Synicaal Wrote:Business 308: Globalization & International Management ?? Yeah that's the one I'm dreading, I should have started it two days ago but I am slacking.

The first two papers are similar and not too bad - I looked at the third and it really looks dreadful. I imagine you'll do great on all of them, though. I have a masters in criminology - this stuff is not my thing at all and I'm really glad I'm not the one doing these papers!

He scored 21/24 on essay one, btw - not too shabby considering his limited paper-writing experience!